Hello support forum,
I'm having issues getting windower to run without lag on my laptop. Here are my specs:
- Intel HD Graphics 4600
- Nvidia GeForce 745M 2gb
Intel i7-4700MQ 2.40Ghz (8 CPUs)
When running vanilla FFXI I get no lag issues whatsoever, but when running with windower I get -severe- graphical lag (drops to 10FPS in outside zones + towns, or when trusts are out) ... Really the only thing i've been able to do without lag is solo limbus... and even that gets choppy if an avatar is summoned.
- Turned off all shadows
- Reduced Clipping Plane to the minimum
- Turned off all 'effects'
- Reduced characters on screen to the minimum
- Turned graphics down to 1366x768
- Turned off super sampling
- Turned off Bump Mapping
- Turned off Mip Mapping
- Turned off HWAcceleration in the registry
- Set the default graphics card for all programs to be the nvidia card
- Set the default graphics specifically for ffxi, pol, and windower to be the nvidia card
- Set drawdistance to 1
- Downloaded latest video drivers
- Reinstalled Windower
And yet despite all this, windower still lags severely... turning off all these options has shown a very minimal improvement, but nothing actually worth talking about (1 maybe 2 FPS)
Again, running FFXI normally without windower, runs without lag, even on 1920x1080
I'm not sure what else to do at this point.... I've tried everything I can think of.
At this point Im assuming windower is not properly using the Nvidia graphics card for some reason... because I had a laptop 3 years ago that did not have a hybrid card, and ran windower with max settings beyond perfectly, and it was nowhere near as good as this current machine. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.