XI View V2.2.1 (Sept, 1, 2017) - [USER INTERFACE]

739 replies to this topic

#621 cosiala

cosiala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 03:39 PM

Can you host the files with the pointer and font? I'll take a look at them (Is the font the full moji dds or just the font dds?)

I'd wait for the new version for this update, Xi View 2.33 which will be ready tonight or tomorrow

As for the 400ish files, large part of that would be the map pack - did the number of files found and the number of files replaced differ? (This usually happens when you have older custom maps installed - it can detect them during the first scan but fails to in the secondary scan, therefore doesn't replace them)

Gonna edit, avoid the double post!

XI View v2.0.1

Any problems as always contact me!

Broken link? :<  It's giving me a DNS error, which is really weird

i managed to get it downloaded, that was weird :( a bunch of other sites are down for me today (like imgur) so something weird is going on!

#622 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
    • 111 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:53 AM

Caradog, Been waiting to see if you uploaded the 2.33 since your link says 2.0.1.

Whats the update for OP? :)

Btw since this thread has more activity... Anyone have the FULL Maps Dat edits? We have been wondering who really has the full mods for it.

sig.jpg
      Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
      ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#623 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 209 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 06:44 PM

Caradog, Been waiting to see if you uploaded the 2.33 since your link says 2.0.1.

Whats the update for OP? :)

Btw since this thread has more activity... Anyone have the FULL Maps Dat edits? We have been wondering who really has the full mods for it.

Sorry, just changed the naming because the number passed the point was getting out of hand v2.0.1 is the latest version atm (Yes, I'm odd and I know it)

#624 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

Updated. Also no one here has any thoughts or info about maps?

sig.jpg

#625 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 209 posts

Posted 29 May 2016 - 08:10 PM

Updated. Also no one here has any thoughts or info about maps?

Tbh I quite liked the Surveyor pack whilst it was still in use, unfortunately don't think it was ever completed

I don't imagine putting the maps into the newer dats would be too hard - this can be done quite easily with ChangeTex

I've prolly got the older maps floating around somewhere, although with those there's an element of hexediting to put the dds into the .dat (which is the reason a file check generally doesn't find and remove some custom map dats whilst removing others)

All in all, its entirely possible to make the changes if someone has a particular set of maps they'd like injected

#626 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 334 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:39 AM

Updated for July 5, 2016 (only 51.dat changed for wardrobes 3 and 4)

https://github.com/K...ases/tag/v2.1.6

#627 raravis

raravis

• Members
              • Pip
              • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:32 AM

Updated for July 5, 2016 (only 51.dat changed for wardrobes 3 and 4)

https://github.com/K...ases/tag/v2.1.6

Very grateful for this, as always! Keep the good work!

#628 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 209 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:13 PM

Apologies for the delay, new version of XI View~

XI View 2.0.2

Any problems please contact myself

#629 raravis

raravis

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 05:53 AM

Apologies for the delay, new version of XI View~

XI View 2.0.2

Any problems please contact myself

No reason to apologize. We are indebted to you, as a matter of fact. Thanks for sharing your work.

During the days the forums were down, I was going crazy dealing with the original fonts. You've made things right again.

(Is there an alternative site where you publish these, or is this the only venue?)

RA

#630 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 209 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:42 AM

No reason to apologize. We are indebted to you, as a matter of fact. Thanks for sharing your work.

During the days the forums were down, I was going crazy dealing with the original fonts. You've made things right again.

(Is there an alternative site where you publish these, or is this the only venue?)

RA

Thank you for the kind words

Generally I post here and on guildwork - if anyone needs a link feel free to message me on Guildwork also

#631 Angelskiss

Angelskiss

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:07 PM

Hi, I used the latest link to update fonts and pointers, that was the only change I made andnow when I log in it crashes..is this a bug?

#632 Angelskiss

Angelskiss

• Members
                        • Pip
                        • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 03:22 PM

Update ..restore original file 51 date, ran fine. Ran with just fonts and no pointers, the game loaded but the font did not change using Deathbringers Trebushet. Quit game, repeated the walk through this time using Ubuntu. Relaunched game, still old school font. When I initially updated fonts and pointers I DID have the new font but the game crashed as soon as my character loaded. Not sure what I am doing wrong because I follow the walk through guide included. 

#633 Funkworkz

Funkworkz

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 7 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:21 PM

Update ..restore original file 51 date, ran fine. Ran with just fonts and no pointers, the game loaded but the font did not change using Deathbringers Trebushet. Quit game, repeated the walk through this time using Ubuntu. Relaunched game, still old school font. When I initially updated fonts and pointers I DID have the new font but the game crashed as soon as my character loaded. Not sure what I am doing wrong because I follow the walk through guide included. 

Run a file check via POL by starting POL > Check Files > Change Playonline to FFXI > Check Files. This will take awhile. After its done try installing the dats again. This process will erase all custom dats to originals.

#634 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 334 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:08 AM

Updated for August 3, 2016 (only an icon description changed)

https://github.com/K...ases/tag/v2.1.7

• Joshwaa likes this

#635 Joshwaa

Joshwaa

• Members
                              • Pip
                              • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 12:25 PM

Created my account especially to thank you for this quick update!  Game is weird without it.

#636 FlvckoHD

FlvckoHD

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:39 AM

Ok so I just started XI back and decided to XI View. took me a few tries to get it to work the first time, the font and cursor were changed on the screen where you pick you character, but everyime i load into game when the chat log is popping up XI crashes immediatly. Im using current version. I dont know what to do at this point. Any suggestions? 

#637 Joshwaa

Joshwaa

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

Ok so I just started XI back and decided to XI View. took me a few tries to get it to work the first time, the font and cursor were changed on the screen where you pick you character, but everyime i load into game when the chat log is popping up XI crashes immediatly. Im using current version. I dont know what to do at this point. Any suggestions? 

This happened to me because I had an old version of XI View copied to my main FFXI folder.  To fix it, I ran the FFXI PlayOnline Viewer and before logging in, selected "Check Files" in the menu on the left.  This runs an install-like screen that will find the old files you copied over and overwrite them with the default file that the old file removed.  You can't simply replace them from the provided "Backup" folder because it's a backup of an old version.  Let the file check run and it will find like 4 "damaged" files and automatically download the current version of those files.  Finally, visit the link ~3 posts up and paste it into your FFXI Directory.  That should do it.

#638 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                                    • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Ok I saw the github version, but does that mean July 9th mods wouldnt work?

Caradog you know you can PM me in irc too right? =p

sig.jpg

#639 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                      • PipPipPip
                                      • 209 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Ok I saw the github version, but does that mean July 9th mods wouldnt work?

Caradog you know you can PM me in irc too right? =p

My version should still work (I'm still using it!) the update didn't change anything noticeable

And yus, will remember to drop you a message next time I update! :D

• Joshwaa likes this

#640 Joshwaa

Joshwaa

• Members
                                        • Pip
                                        • 5 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:00 AM

I've been crashing since the bonus campaigns have begun today, does anyone happen to have current version of XI View?  Kind of disappointed that new patches will apparently continue to ruin this awesome DAT pack.

To clarify, I've been getting crashes about 10-30 seconds after loading my character.  It does not seem to be the instant crash upon loading the character, because I have some time to run around and things until the game crashes.  Time period from character load to crash is about 10-30 seconds.  Doing a file repair right now so I can at least play, but I LOVE the XI View mod!!

Edit:  I did a file repair and this still crashes upon character load.  I still have like 10 seconds to look at my gear but I can't pinpoint the crash cause.  Going to try unload some Windower addons!  Maybe ignore my post because my crashes do not seem to be solely because of XI View.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users