739 replies to this topic

#641 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

I've been crashing since the bonus campaigns have begun today, does anyone happen to have current version of XI View?  Kind of disappointed that new patches will apparently continue to ruin this awesome DAT pack.

To clarify, I've been getting crashes about 10-30 seconds after loading my character.  It does not seem to be the instant crash upon loading the character, because I have some time to run around and things until the game crashes.  Time period from character load to crash is about 10-30 seconds.  Doing a file repair right now so I can at least play, but I LOVE the XI View mod!!

Edit:  I did a file repair and this still crashes upon character load.  I still have like 10 seconds to look at my gear but I can't pinpoint the crash cause.  Going to try unload some Windower addons!  Maybe ignore my post because my crashes do not seem to be solely because of XI View.

Doesn't sound XI View related, if the problem isn't persisting passed a file repair (which will entirely remove it), then its likely being caused by something else

The only current issue I'm aware of is one of the icon descriptions doesn't match SE's updated form

#642 Joshwaa

Joshwaa

• Members
    • Pip
    • 5 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

I did actually sove it by disabling various windower plugins and addons.  I'm going to install XI View again.  

#643 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 209 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:50 PM

Been taking a look at the update, I can't see anything that should cause issues this time around (or the last!)

If anything should break or look squiffy please drop me a message here or on guildwork!

#644 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 209 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:14 PM

Sorry for the double post, taken a quick glance at the update and it seems like Xi View should remain compatible! Happy FFXIing everyone

#645 Wintermouse

Wintermouse

• Members
          • Pip
          • 3 posts
          • LocationUK

Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

Hi,

I've just returned to playing FFXI (played 2003 - 2005 and a couple of times after) as a new job and really like this!

Thank you for the time and effort! 

#646 cobb

cobb

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 30 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:20 PM

'-'

#647 Funkworkz

Funkworkz

• Members
            • Pip
            • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Giving you guys a heads up that they do plan on adding a new icon for Indicolure geomancy spells. Details here: http://forum.square-...i/threads/51922

This will require some dat changes and a new XI view version.

#648 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 334 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:45 AM

January 10, 2017 FFXI Update (Indicolure spells Icon)

https://github.com/K...ases/tag/v2.1.8

#649 Cloudstrafie

Cloudstrafie

• Members
                • Pip
                • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

Does anyone have the Different colored background colors? Im looking for the black background personally If anyone has it Could you link it for me?

#650 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 79 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:36 PM

New patch came out in january 2017 adding timers for Indi spells.

This broke up the 57.dat file that display "Debug" icon for Indi spells now.

Can anybody fix it?

#651 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:38 AM

wondering if anyone has the icons as PNG files that i can snag. Need them bigger then 20x20. Thanks in advance.

#652 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 334 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

New patch came out in january 2017 adding timers for Indi spells.

This broke up the 57.dat file that display "Debug" icon for Indi spells now.

Can anybody fix it?

My version have it fixed, only for widescreen tho.

wondering if anyone has the icons as PNG files that i can snag. Need them bigger then 20x20. Thanks in advance.

You could use POLUtils to get the images https://github.com/Windower/POLUtils

#653 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

will pol utils leave the black background or will they be transparent. i used the app inside the viewer folder to extract my current icons that are in 32x32 but they have a black background.

edit: on attempt at looking at the icons using POLutils it would not load any images for some reason. worked for most other things, but could not get it to show me the icons.

#654 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 334 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

It does work for me, you can select how you want the background, transparent , black or white. Make sure you selected the right dat file.

#655 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 79 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

Thanks Kenshi, the new indicolure icon works now, I completely missed your post above mine.

Is the icon you used for the new Indicolure tracker the default icon used by SE or a custom one you picked/made?

#656 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 334 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

Is the one SE made, if anyone have a suggestion for a custom icon, I'm open to ideas.

#657 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

It does work for me, you can select how you want the background, transparent , black or white. Make sure you selected the right dat file.

is the folder/ file :  final fantasy xi -> 119 -> 57.dat ??? if so im hitting the right one and it stalls on checking if the file is of a supported format.

edit: if someone could extract the icons for me wit transparent back ground that would be great, please, thanks. Cos i cannot get it to work and i have the latest version off the github.

edit while im at it im also curious to know if theres a way to change the font in the chat log?

#658 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                                  • PipPipPip
                                  • 334 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

Yea thats the file, maybe you need to give admin rights to the folder, anyway here they are https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

You can change the fonts for chat log, but it will change for the whole UI.

#659 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 32 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

arnt there 639 icons? thats only 211. Are u kenshidrk on github, if so im trying to replace the icons used for partybuffs addon for ones of 20x20. i changed the code accordingly for myself, i tried to enlarge the original icons but obviosuly they lost all there clarity. on the addon it stipulates that they are the same icons as the ones from XI-view which i use myself as a DAT swap. I used the icon replacer software in the XI-view folder to retreive these icons but they have the black background not transparent when they are exported, i was hoppin to get the full 639 apropriatly numbered. The file format or size doesnt matter as long as they are over 20x20 as i can convert them in bulk, I just do not know how to make the background transparent.

I appreciate your share in the above post but i wouldnt know where to start with renaming  all those files lol. I was just hopping since the files already exist in the addon that someone could help me do the same again but just higher resolution.

thanks again for your help.

#660 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                                      • PipPipPip
                                      • 334 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:27 AM

mmm thats right, as polutils save them by name, the ones with same name are not saved unless you save one by one which is a lot of work. Extract and resize for that addon took me several hours lol

Anyway I tried now with the FFXI-IconChange, extracted the image as bmp and the background was transparent using PixelFormer to edit it, resize to 20x20 and export as png with premultiplied alpha.

If you are using another program to edit I suggest to change to PixelFormer.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)