ok thanks a bunch, will try that

#662 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

mmm thats right, as polutils save them by name, the ones with same name are not saved unless you save one by one which is a lot of work. Extract and resize for that addon took me several hours lol

Anyway I tried now with the FFXI-IconChange, extracted the image as bmp and the background was transparent using PixelFormer to edit it, resize to 20x20 and export as png with premultiplied alpha.

If you are using another program to edit I suggest to change to PixelFormer.

Thanks to this i starter googling something that would do batch work, came across some free software called ImBatch. I was alble to open all my images as a batch file to be processed, when opened in this the files did the same as in pixel former and had transparent background, so i used the batch program to resize and change the files to PNG. done. thanks again for your help kenshi

#663 Funkworkz

Funkworkz

• Members
      • Pip
      • 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Will XIView be updated?

#664 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 334 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:13 AM

It's been updated since day 1

#665 Funkworkz

Funkworkz

• Members
          • Pip
          • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:06 AM

I only saw a link to your version?

#666 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 334 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:18 AM

Yea I haven't seen Caradog here or IRC for a long time, so dunno if his version will be updated.

#667 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 334 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

Anyway if you like the Caradog version, you could use the UI from him, cause the UI was not changed, and use the icons of my version, which should be the same than Caradog one or very similar.

#668 Funkworkz

Funkworkz

• Members
                • Pip
                • 7 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

I think the icons is what i was missing, i noticed a few were different between yours and his.

#669 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 209 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hey to everyone - my apologies I haven't been around, I had an issue in the New Year wherein my Pc decided to die

I've since built a new one, I have been keeping an eye on FFXI View, the previous update didn't change much so I didn't update

I've updated it now, you can get a copy here: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View

As always, if you guys need anything, please let me know :)

#670 Ice

Ice

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 3 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:17 PM

Hey to everyone - my apologies I haven't been around, I had an issue in the New Year wherein my Pc decided to die

I've since built a new one, I have been keeping an eye on FFXI View, the previous update didn't change much so I didn't update

I've updated it now, you can get a copy here: https://github.com/Caradog/XI-View

As always, if you guys need anything, please let me know :)

Thank you, sir. Appreciate your work.

#671 Mintmoon

Mintmoon

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

March version update checked all dat files instead of the normal way it did and overwrote custom icons and font files back to original.

#672 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 334 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

Yea I checked them and old version should work fine.

#673 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 209 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:34 PM

March version update checked all dat files instead of the normal way it did and overwrote custom icons and font files back to original.

I've taken a look and can't see any changed that should need XI View to be updated :D  All good to go!

#674 veggies

veggies

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:03 PM

Theres no 21:9 support and very little documentation on making custom icons. Was a bit of a learning experience for a person like myself, but I managed to make a set of 21:9 icons. Unfortunately, text will always be stretched and there is nothing that can be done about it, but at least the icons can look ok.

Installation is the same as XIView. Unlike XIView though, I kept all icons and fonts stock. This will only fix stretched icons on 21:9 displays.
                              download

pics

#675 Habar

Habar

• Members
                              • Pip
                              • 6 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:01 AM

Hello!

I'm looking into modding the UI background, but not sure what tools to use to recolour,

got to edit some regular dat files with change tex and photoshop but cannot figure how to deal with these other files:

http://imgur.com/sbx4647

I would like to make them more like current XIV menus:

http://imgur.com/3MAz6rE

Anyone could help me change it or tell me how to do it please? 

#676 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 209 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Hello!

I'm looking into modding the UI background, but not sure what tools to use to recolour,

got to edit some regular dat files with change tex and photoshop but cannot figure how to deal with these other files:

http://imgur.com/sbx4647

I would like to make them more like current XIV menus:

http://imgur.com/3MAz6rE

Anyone could help me change it or tell me how to do it please? 

Dats Rom/0/14-21 relate to the UI settings 1-8 in game respectively, if you look at the add-ons section of XI View there's a number of other backgrounds available

As to altering and creating your own, essentially you'd have to use Changetex to remove the correct parts of the dat, use software capable of editing dds files and then attempt to inject them into the file again and see how it looks

I've just opened up one of the custom .dats for background and it only contains 4 elements - you'd need to alter these

Hope that helps, if not lemme know :)

#677 Habar

Habar

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 6 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

Dats Rom/0/14-21 relate to the UI settings 1-8 in game respectively, if you look at the add-ons section of XI View there's a number of other backgrounds available

As to altering and creating your own, essentially you'd have to use Changetex to remove the correct parts of the dat, use software capable of editing dds files and then attempt to inject them into the file again and see how it looks

I've just opened up one of the custom .dats for background and it only contains 4 elements - you'd need to alter these

I got Altana View and I can search the files, I then export the 4 components to dds with change tex and then open them in photoshop.

I do have the dds addon for photoshop but I think its either the format I  save them in wich should be either DTX1 alpha or no alpha.->   http://imgur.com/fgqY6Sb

(tried them both)  

Am I missing some of the photoshop settings to save file to dds once modified? ->  http://imgur.com/lj1MPm6

After putting back the modded dds using change tex into the dat it seems like nothing happened it stays the same original colour.

Using the same method I could recolour some character's hair and it worked fine but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here in these menu type files  ><

#678 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 209 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I got Altana View and I can search the files, I then export the 4 components to dds with change tex and then open them in photoshop.

I do have the dds addon for photoshop but I think its either the format I  save them in wich should be either DTX1 alpha or no alpha.->   http://imgur.com/fgqY6Sb

(tried them both)  

Am I missing some of the photoshop settings to save file to dds once modified? ->  http://imgur.com/lj1MPm6

After putting back the modded dds using change tex into the dat it seems like nothing happened it stays the same original colour.

Using the same method I could recolour some character's hair and it worked fine but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here in these menu type files  ><

Going to be honest, I've not used Altana View or Photo shop in my work on Xi View, Changetex seems to convert them back/forth quite happily from dds files

You would likely want the alpha layer because that's what allows FFXI to know which parts of the image are supposed to be transparent

#679 Habar

Habar

• Members
                                      • Pip
                                      • 6 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:25 AM

Going to be honest, I've not used Altana View or Photo shop in my work on Xi View, Changetex seems to convert them back/forth quite happily from dds files

You would likely want the alpha layer because that's what allows FFXI to know which parts of the image are supposed to be transparent

I use Altana to locate dat file, then change tex to export DDS files of that dat file.

What I'm trying to say is after I extract the dds example :

http://imgur.com/mRxpELh

then retouch em in photoshop, save in dds format (DXT1         ARGB   4 bpp | 1 bit alpha) :

http://imgur.com/AnN4yQL

Then put them back in the DAT using change tex it looks like nothing happened.

I have used chnage tex to mod the ingame cursor to POL style and that worked.

But even if I try swapping elements from one UI window to another they don't take effect even if its not edited in any way in photoshop.

#680 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                        • PipPipPip
                                        • 209 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

I use Altana to locate dat file, then change tex to export DDS files of that dat file.

What I'm trying to say is after I extract the dds example :

http://imgur.com/mRxpELh

then retouch em in photoshop, save in dds format (DXT1         ARGB   4 bpp | 1 bit alpha) :

http://imgur.com/AnN4yQL

Then put them back in the DAT using change tex it looks like nothing happened.

I have used chnage tex to mod the ingame cursor to POL style and that worked.

But even if I try swapping elements from one UI window to another they don't take effect even if its not edited in any way in photoshop.

Its strange that nothing is happening - firstly are you copying the file away from the FFXI directory prior to editing? Even in admin mode Changetex may have trouble altering files that require admin access (though it'll quite happily report it was successful)

Best thing to do is copy the files elsewhere prior to making the changes, then move them and overwrite ROM/0/14.dat - set the in game option to 1 for this to work

If you're still having issues and are able upload your dds files and I'll see if I can get them to work my end

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)