XI View V2.2.1 (Sept, 1, 2017) - [USER INTERFACE]

739 replies to this topic

#121 Nicknick

Nicknick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Hey Caradog. Before I ask my question I wanted to send my thanks to the team who have been working on this. You guys are amazing and it's great to see XI View keep going. I recently stumbled upon it after seeing it at a friend's place and it's 100% made of awesome.

As for my question, I've been looking for a way to change the font type for names/targetables in the game ever since SE switched it to the slanted font awhile back (It looks even worse on the widescreen aspect ratios which I play on). I'd like to keep the menus/chatlog the same as they are now while just changing the names font. So I'm wondering:

1) Is it possible to do this with XI View without changing everything else included in XI View?

2) If it is also possible to do this while also JUST changing the status icons included in XI View,  since I'd like to test them out (they look amazing btw).

I run 16:9 and the newest non-beta version Windower as of today.

If you have enough time to reply, I'm not a huge techie so any help on how to do this would be much appreciated. Thanks so much and happy holidays and New Year's! :)

• sharinganheir likes this

#122 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Thanks for the words of appreciation - they're always welcome.

As for your query I need some clarification on what it is exactly you're trying to do.

So I assume you're currently not using XI View and just want to add certain features of it you're unhappy with about the vanilla user interface?

Simply putting in the icons (and nothing else) is actually a very simple fix as there's a single .dat responsible for the icons seperate from the user interface (for each language).

Making custom adjustments to the user interface is a little more difficult, though not terribly so, what would need to be done is to take a vanilla .dat and use changetex to swap in the .dds you wish to change.

Once I have a little more clarity on what exactly you're trying to do - I can hopefully advise a little better and get into the specifics.

#123 sharinganheir

sharinganheir

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

I know Caradog is still searching through the dats to figure out the icon set locations, and I wish I could help in some way but I don't know how to do so. Mostly though I want to say thank you again for all the work put into this project overall. It's awesome and very appreciated.

Now to go back to laughing as I watch LS mates die since SE threw a curveball by reordering the spell list. Haha. I must be getting old; no longer adapting as fast as I used to.

#124 Nicknick

Nicknick

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 11 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

Once I have a little more clarity on what exactly you're trying to do - I can hopefully advise a little better and get into the specifics.

Sorry the the late response and thanks for replying! I am currently not using XI View and I am ideally looking to only do 2 things:

1) Use XI View's status icons instead of the default FFXI's ones

2) Change the text for player/NPC/monster names in the game

*I'd like to keep the vanilla FFXI chat log and menus/cursor if possible.

Context for text change:

The reason I wish to change names text is because when the game is displayed in widescreen the text looks slanted and ugly - think about how the the linkshell/bazaar icons look when using default FFXI UI. If I remember correctly SE changed the text a few years ago and I still haven't gotten used to it, however this may be because I recently switched to widescreen for FFXI.

If there is any other info that I can give you please let me know! If it helps to give some some more context to the text I am referring to I could post some screen caps. Thanks again.

#125 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 209 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

Nicknick:

Firstly installing the icons alone is easy enough - going to assume you use the english version so just install 119/57.dat without anything else will give you the icons.

It is possible (I think) but I can't be sure, which text exactly are you refering to? The name above peoples heads etc? I think its possible to change this (mine is).

It is however a little more difficult to do yourself and would involve using changetex. I could rig up the file for you and you could install it on its lonesome (if you'd like to do that).

Sharinganhei:

Sorry I haven't mentioned this more: I've asked about and am still trying to discern where the other status icons are stored, as of yet I've had no luck in my search, am beginning to fear they may be stored within the same file in such a waay that the program I'm using is unable to access, I'll keep asking and looking around in the meantime as it would be very good to know for definite.

Thanks for the words of gratitude, its always appreciated. Wish I could do more

• Nicknick likes this

#126 Nicknick

Nicknick

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 11 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Nicknick:

Firstly installing the icons alone is easy enough - going to assume you use the english version so just install 119/57.dat without anything else will give you the icons.

It is possible (I think) but I can't be sure, which text exactly are you refering to? The name above peoples heads etc? I think its possible to change this (mine is).

It is however a little more difficult to do yourself and would involve using changetex. I could rig up the file for you and you could install it on its lonesome (if you'd like to do that).

Good to hear about the icons! I'll have to try it tonight.

Yes, I am referring to the text above people's/monster's heads etc. If it's not too much trouble it'd be awesome if you could make a file for me! I'm not too tech savvy so it would be a godsend. Would this also change the icons beside people's names (bazaar, linkshell icons, etc.) from displaying incorrectly in widescreen? If not, is there a solution for this? Thanks a bunch Cara. :)

#127 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 209 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

The icon next to people's names etc is another change, its entirely possible to alter this however and leave the menu's etc unaffected

#128 Reece

Reece

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

I can't access my Mog Case. Any fix on the menu adding this button?

#129 Reece

Reece

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:46 AM

And yes, I have the latest version from the link on the first page.

#130 Reece

Reece

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

If I need 2.11, I have 2.07. I can't find updated version anywhere?

#131 Reece

Reece

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 14 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:56 AM

Figured it out for 2.11, however now Mog Case button.

#132 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 209 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:35 AM

Version 2.11 should fix the issue wherein buttons go missing.

I suggest running a file check then installing Xi View onto the originals.

#133 Nicknick

Nicknick

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

The name above peoples heads etc? I think its possible to change this (mine is).

If it's not too much to ask could you make this file for me? I'd really like to be able to do this :)

The icon next to people's names etc is another change, its entirely possible to alter this however and leave the menu's etc unaffected

I'm not too worried about the icon to be honest, I just find it annoying how widescreen changes the ratio of everything in-game except the name font and icons. I was just hoping the issue was related to the names font somehow, and could subsequently be fixed if the names font was changed.

As a side note I apologize for my late replies recently as I've been a bit busy. Thanks again for all your hard work.

#134 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 209 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

Nicknick:

No problem mate, I'll mock up the file and see about a way of getting it to you by tomorrow.

#135 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 209 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Okie Nicknick:

I think this is the custom job you wanted (I may of changed the wrong text, if so just poke me).

Mirror

Hope this works for you.

Just as a side note: included within the XI View under 04 Other / 00 Deathbringer Fonts is a guide on how to change the font (and a few additional font dds if you don't like this one)

I'm unsure whether those change the font for character names or main body font.

Anyway, Hope this helps, any problems gimme a nudge and I'll get to work fixing it.

(Since you're speaking English I've kind of assumed you're using an English client, hope this was correct).

#136 branllywd

branllywd

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hello.

I use the JP client and I just wanted to use the custom icon pack from XI View, I am wondering which ROMs they are located, thanks.

#137 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                  • PipPipPip
                                  • 209 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:16 PM

The JP Icon .dat is located at ROM/0/12.dat

Installing this individually should give you the customised icons with the JP text.

• branllywd likes this

#138 Tommo

Tommo

• Members
                                    • Pip
                                    • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hi, I have switched to a new PC and I can't seem to get the window backgrounds to be working properly, they still seem to be the original FFXI ones. I have downloaded v. 2.11 and have copied the ROM across. The fonts, pointers & icons all work perfectly as per usual, just the windows... has anyone else got this prob? I am computer stupid so I might have done something also.

Thanks

T

#139 branllywd

branllywd

• Members
                                      • Pip
                                      • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hmm, I've manually changed the dats, but my icons are still the same, Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

#140 Wildman

Wildman

Advanced Member

• Members
                                        • PipPipPip
                                        • 72 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 01:26 AM

Hmm, I've manually changed the dats, but my icons are still the same, Any advice on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

In Game for XI View Status Icons to work make sure in Game you go to this menu setting.
                                          Menu - Config - Misc. > Icon Type 2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)