XI View V2.2.1 (Sept, 1, 2017) - [USER INTERFACE]

739 replies to this topic

#561 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:52 AM

Really really hope FFXI never dies out.. but alas I still remember how active these forums used to be.

sig.jpg
    Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
    ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#562 TyRobot

TyRobot

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:50 AM

Ever since using version 2.30 of XI View...well, I randomly turn from my normal Tarutaru into a variation of this specific Hume character model. He's usually wearing one of those Lizard Helms (like the gold leather ones). I first noticed this when I went to use a Datechochin firework in celebration, but I was instead turned into a Hume LOL...

So far, this has started happening anytime I use a firework, accept a page in FoV, and really anything that can possibly "blink" my character.  It is quite annoying (albeit in a funny way), and I was just curious as to if anyone had any sort of idea as to what specifically was causing this issue? Has anyone even experienced anything similar?

I replaced the modified ROM folder with that of my original backup; however, this did not correct the issue. Currently, I'm uninstalling and reinstalling FFXI (no worries...I have the Dec. Update files so I won't have a 6 hour patch to sit through), but I'd still like to change the fonts in game after the fresh install.  As long as I just do that, the race changing should be avoidable...one would think, right?

#563 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 05:35 AM

Ever since using version 2.30 of XI View...well, I randomly turn from my normal Tarutaru into a variation of this specific Hume character model. He's usually wearing one of those Lizard Helms (like the gold leather ones). I first noticed this when I went to use a Datechochin firework in celebration, but I was instead turned into a Hume LOL...

So far, this has started happening anytime I use a firework, accept a page in FoV, and really anything that can possibly "blink" my character.  It is quite annoying (albeit in a funny way), and I was just curious as to if anyone had any sort of idea as to what specifically was causing this issue? Has anyone even experienced anything similar?

I replaced the modified ROM folder with that of my original backup; however, this did not correct the issue. Currently, I'm uninstalling and reinstalling FFXI (no worries...I have the Dec. Update files so I won't have a 6 hour patch to sit through), but I'd still like to change the fonts in game after the fresh install.  As long as I just do that, the race changing should be avoidable...one would think, right?

There's nothing in Xi View that would cause this kind of behavior, this sounds like a plugin such as plasticsurgeon misbehaving

Suggest doing the usual troubleshooting, launch vanilla without any addons/plugins to see if the issue persists

#564 TyRobot

TyRobot

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:04 AM

There's nothing in Xi View that would cause this kind of behavior, this sounds like a plugin such as plasticsurgeon misbehaving

Suggest doing the usual troubleshooting, launch vanilla without any addons/plugins to see if the issue persists

Yeah, that's what I figured...but I don't run plasticsurgeon.  I'll double check the pugins I'm running one by one in order to rule everything out.  It was just strange how it started doing that right after I setup XI View 2.30...

#565 JeanPaul

JeanPaul

• Members
          • Pip
          • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:12 AM

Glad to see there's still some activity here. Anyway, I'm curious what tool(s) were used to modify the player icons (bazaar, mentor, etc). I've been trying to modify those ugly clipart style stars they've used for the Job Masters through ChangeTex and Photoshop, but nothing seems to be changing. I would presume I have the wrong file (ROM/119/51), but I'm not seeing changes to other icons (like bazaar) despite my tampering.

#566 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 209 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:21 PM

Glad to see there's still some activity here. Anyway, I'm curious what tool(s) were used to modify the player icons (bazaar, mentor, etc). I've been trying to modify those ugly clipart style stars they've used for the Job Masters through ChangeTex and Photoshop, but nothing seems to be changing. I would presume I have the wrong file (ROM/119/51), but I'm not seeing changes to other icons (like bazaar) despite my tampering.

Changetex (included in Xi View) will remove the dds from the file, you'll then need something capable of handling dds files in order to change it, I use a mix of Paint.net and Pixelformer

Issue I've encountered is the star is a single icon in the dds, its then tripled when displayed above people's heads, you also don't get very many pixels to work with to make it look non-crap lol

It should work as I've managed to make minor alterations to mine in order to confirm its the correct icon I'm editing - it'll be "menu ustatshd" in the 119/51.dat

#567 JeanPaul

JeanPaul

• Members
              • Pip
              • 9 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

I realized the problem was that I just needed to shutdown the game completely for it to take effect, unlike with the status icons that update when you zone. My edits kicked in this morning when I logged in.

#568 TyRobot

TyRobot

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

So it definitely is not XI View...rather I just happened to notice the odd behavior right after configuring 2.30.  The only plugin that looks capable of even making something like this happen would be BlinkMeNot, because I don't use anything else except for some status timers and chatmon.

Will have results soon...but wanted to clarify that XI View has nothing to do with the issue.

NOTE: It is BlinkMeNot it seems. I have no issues whatsoever with it turned off. Tested using like 30+ Datechochins, and each time the firework worked perfectly. I was not changed into a peculiar looking Hume at any point lol...

#569 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 334 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:28 PM

You should use DressUp addon intead of blinkmenot. BlinkMeNot is a deprecated plugin.

#570 TyRobot

TyRobot

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 34 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:34 PM

You should use DressUp addon intead of blinkmenot. BlinkMeNot is a deprecated plugin.

Thanks dude...I'll give that a try now. :)

#571 intrloper

intrloper

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:56 AM

Using 2.30 and noticed least for me that the Misc 4 under settings and Misc 3 under the AH isnt there. Did i do something wrong?

#572 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 209 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:19 PM

Using 2.30 and noticed least for me that the Misc 4 under settings and Misc 3 under the AH isnt there. Did i do something wrong?

What screen size/language do you use? Not getting the same issue here, did you possibly install an earlier version by mistake?

#573 intrloper

intrloper

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 24 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:57 PM

16:9,

here is a copy of what i been using.

I deleted the items I usually dont need, i mainly just replace the font with Arial

I might have installed an earlier copy, can try again later.

https://drive.google...Uk0&usp=sharing

#574 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 209 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

16:9,

here is a copy of what i been using.

I deleted the items I usually dont need, i mainly just replace the font with Arial

I might have installed an earlier copy, can try again later.

https://drive.google...Uk0&usp=sharing

I'd suggest running a check file to remove the alterations, then installing a fresh download of Xi View to see if the probelm persists

Currently running 16:9 myself (and I typically take the edited version of 4:3 to make 16:9), this allows me to check the English version for any errors on my part - the only version I'm not 100% clear with is the JP (as I'm completely unable to test it :( )

#575 intrloper

intrloper

• Members
                              • PipPip
                              • 24 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 03:13 PM

Thank you, I got it fixed :)

Merry Christmas also!!!

#576 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 209 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

Thank you, I got it fixed :)

Merry Christmas also!!!

Merry Christmas too! :D

#577 Knightmayre

Knightmayre

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 04:08 AM

Recently whenever I go into the Job Abilities menu, my game crashes... Is there any fix for this?

#578 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 209 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 06:18 PM

Recently whenever I go into the Job Abilities menu, my game crashes... Is there any fix for this?

Only reason I can think may cause this is an old version is installed, I suggest doing a check file and installing from the latest version

#579 Midnight Fox

Midnight Fox

• Members
                                      • Pip
                                      • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:04 AM

If it's ok with Jeanpaul could his Job Master stars be added into XIView? they look so much better than the ones SE gives us. Just an Idea.

Thanks!

the current ones with XIView are off center when using the widescreen ones...unless i'm doing something wrong ;/

#580 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                        • PipPipPip
                                        • 209 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 06:10 PM

If it's ok with Jeanpaul could his Job Master stars be added into XIView? they look so much better than the ones SE gives us. Just an Idea.

Thanks!

the current ones with XIView are off center when using the widescreen ones...unless i'm doing something wrong ;/

Actually had something contributed by Kenshi to replace the stars recently, it'll be rolled out with the next version of Xi View!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users