739 replies to this topic

#81 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Will double check at some point but everything looks stable.

#82 sharinganheir

sharinganheir

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 10 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

I was wondering why my status icons weren't different, but it seems they change if I set it to icon set 2 in config. (Which I had forgotten about.)  However I really am not fond of the icons in the menu and prefer the old style with just the elemental color. Is there a way to use the XI view status icons while on icon set 1 (the old menu icons)?

#83 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

Afaik Rom/280/15.dat handles the menu icons.

Try file checking to remove the changes made by XI View then reinstalling it without that particular file.

If it doesn't work as requested I'll be happy to try and take a closer look

#84 sharinganheir

sharinganheir

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

Afaik Rom/280/15.dat handles the menu icons.

Try file checking to remove the changes made by XI View then reinstalling it without that particular file.

If it doesn't work as requested I'll be happy to try and take a closer look

I understand what you are saying, but I think my question may not have been very clear. SE had added a change to the character config in game that allows you to change between two menu icon sets. Set 1 is the old menu icons which were just the elemental colors next to the spells/JAs/etc in your spell lists and Set 2 which is the new "default" set with the new menu icons they had made.  This also apparently affects two different sets of status icons.

The XI view status icons show up and work just fine if you use the config option set 2 (default), but not if you use set 1. This leads me to believe there are now two sets of status icons as well since using the set 1 (old SE menu icons) shows no change in your status icons. I am wondering what needs to be done to have the XI view status icons used for either set 1 in the config or even for both options.

Although this may also give light to a possible reason others may think the status icons aren't working, when they actually are, but the person might have their config changed to set 1 as well and forgot (like I originally did until I tried figuring out and fixing the lack of status icon change on my own) about the config option.

#85 sharinganheir

sharinganheir

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

Since I won't assume everyone that is kind enough to continue offering help with various projects still play the game, I took some screenshots as well of the two options and their results. (The continued support is definitely appreciated though, regardless of still active or not in game.)

Config Set 1:

27yn3ma.jpg14j9nc0.png

Set 2:

b8jtib.png106a9ah.png

#86 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 209 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

I understand what you're trying to say and I believe the functionality you're refering to has been in the game a while, though it is nice to have screenshots to show it.

To do what you're asking will likely take a little time but is probably possible - in all likelihood there's now a second .dat responsible for status icons that is as of yet, unaccounted for.

What I'll (try) to do when I get time is go through the .dats looking for the file thats giving Icon type 1 and see what I can do.

Can't promise anything quickly as I'm working ten hour shifts and am out of the house sixteen hours a day lately (yep, sucks).

Hope this is some help!

#87 sharinganheir

sharinganheir

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thanks. I understand how to inject dats, at least fonts with changetex, so I could even try it myself. Although I'm not familiar with how you can check them to see along with what to look for.. and there are so many that I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to look through them immediately.

Also you are right, the option has been there for a little while now which is why I forgot it existed. I hadn't updated the UI at all when the menu icon change update went in because I figured time would be needed for anyone to adjust XI view to the changes. Then RL kept me pretty busy and I'd only think to check at the worst times (i.e. mid LS event when I can't really update dats lol) since those were when I'd most notice the icons that look too similar to differentiate at a glance. Since for a while I had only been barely fitting in most LS events, this discovery and request was pretty slow at coming.

#88 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                • 111 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Nice screen shots.. kinda wish I could keep updating the 1st post, but stupid limits on the amount in a post. >.<

sig.jpg
                  Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
                  ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#89 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                  • 488 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:11 PM

The maximum post size has been increased to 5 KB.

#90 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                    • 111 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:51 AM

Awesome, now if only we could get the old members back posting... Old forums, I swear, seemed to be more active. Not sure what happened now.

sig.jpg

#91 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                      • 488 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

Final Fantasy XIV happened.

• TwistedT likes this

#92 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 79 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

While clearly that played a big part Iryoku, I think the way how the forum changes have been handled wasn't probably the best around.

People weren't warned, they had to re-subscribe to a completely new board with completley new database etc.

I'm getting the feeling that at least a considerable amount of people just said "fuck it" and decided they didn't want to bother.

#93 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                          • 1189 posts
                          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

Nothing was happening even before the forums were switched. See for yourself: http://legacy.window...-modifications/

XIV wasn't the only reason, the reason was that many people quit FFXI out of boredom because SE failed to keep people entertained. Forum usage simply declined along with the general playerbase.

Sure, some players couldn't bother to resubscribe, and I feel for them, because I hated it as well. But if you can't bother to register one account for it then you're not really much into it anymore.

• Byrth likes this

#94 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 209 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Okay I've started looking through the changes to the dats and nothing jumps out at me.

However the inclusion of the "currencies" submenu will mean that this requires an update, I'll get working on it and probably have a new working patch tomorrow.

#95 Vivik

Vivik

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Seem to be crashing when I open the "Quest" menu tab also.

#96 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                              • 111 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Caradog, Vivik, so atm are you saying dont use the current dat edits due to crashing?

sig.jpg

#97 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

I wouldn't use them atm.

I'd expect there to be issues with menu navigation as the altered files won't contain the new buttons.

I've also heard there's been some crashing with the "Quest" menu in particular from a number of people.

Currently working on the update and should hopefully have a new version up in the next few hours.

On a side note: Is anyone here proficient in reading French/Japanese/German?

#98 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                                  • 1189 posts
                                  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

Proficient in German. I can read French, but not all that well. Wouldn't recommend myself for proof-reading, but if you want something translated I can probably get it done.

#99 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                  • PipPipPip
                                  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:54 AM

They changed a bunch of the help text descriptions for the status effects on the german client (really have no idea why but there was quite a few compared to the other clients, including stuff like the aftermath icons).

They also changed the help text on the gestation icon from

"You are waiting to spawn and cannot attack" -> "You are waiting to spawn therefore cannot attack"

Which seems like a rather random edit.

Also the new icon is "DEBUG" in the English version but not in the other three versions. I'll copy/paste a few here if you don't mind just translating them for me?

#100 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

Okay here's Xi View 2.11

Mirror 1

Mirror 2

Any issues feel free to contact me.

• sharinganheir and ChalkOutline like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users