739 replies to this topic

#61 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Its a full update, in all languages and in both screen modes.

Sorry I didn't leave more details but I finished around midnight and needed to go pass out.

I've named it XI View 2.1 (there's really no major changes, mostly just a change in author).

If there's any issues/queries/problems/complaints feel free to contact me =)

#62 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
    • 111 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

So whats with that Utsu thing you mentioned?

sig.jpg
      Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
      ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#63 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 209 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

Basically if you ever looked at 2.07 in depth, there was some alternate versions in 04 - Other.

These included:

01 - Origonal Utsusemi Status Icons - this is basically the same thing as whats in the main with one change, the utsu icon (which you'll notice in the main folder is a large number based on the number of shadows) is replaced by the SE default icon for utsusemi, everything else is exactly the same.

03 - Kactuar's Converted Darkshade-Brandson Icons - these are the older icons used in the one of the early versions of XI View (though I think it was under a different name at the time), a couple of years back SE changed their icons from 16x16 -> 32x32, basically these are those older version icons stretched to the new resolution, I haven't included this part either as I didn't update it.

05 - Bazaar Icons - this is the same UI with a single change for different bazaar icons next to the character name, I haven't had a chance to update it so I removed it for the time being

The other stuff such as:

00 - Deathbringer Fonts

02 - Deathbringer Pointer Mods

04 - Menu Icons

Are still included. (Please note the numbering is as it appeared in 2.07 and I've changed the numbering scheme in 2.10)

Let me be clear - that the main VIEW XI folders are complete, all thats missing is a few extras I haven't gotten around to taking care of yet.

If anyone would especially like these things reintroduced I'll be happy to do it (probably after the update in roughly two weeks as its looking like that'll require some work due to additional status/character icons being added).

Again, feel free to contact me with any questions, I'm usually availible and will do my best to answer.

Credit to all those who worked on the project prior to myself, including Wildman, Darkshade, Deathbringer, Hyshino, Kactuar and anyone else.

#64 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

When you say default shadows icon... you mean its no longer a "number" showing us how many shadows we have left? Cause I know I liked those...

sig.jpg

#65 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 209 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

In the download its just a large number showing how many shadows you have remaining.

In the folder i removed (previously 04 - Other > 01 - Original Utsu... in v2.07) it replaces the large numbers with the default Square-enix icon.

Does that clear it up? And if you'd like it readded I will do that =)

#66 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 79 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Caradog for taking over the project.

Since new master, I'll bump an old post of mine since it still need a reply.

I would really apreciate if you could provide one ^^

Haven't been using this in ages.

If I were to be wanting to change only the icons and possibly the chat backgrounds but NOT the font (leaving the default SE HQ font) what would I have to do?

Thanks!

#67 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 209 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

Okie basically you'd need to use Changetex to put all the stuff you want into the .dat while leaving the font dds alone.

Basically (gonna assume you use the english version) Rom/119/51.dat is the dat that handles the UI itself (not the status icons) but font, bazaar icons etc

If you explore the file with Changetex you can see its made up of a number of dds, each are smaller image type files used within the game.

Basically you'd need to put everything but the font into the dat.

Is there any particular reason you wanted this? (Personally not a fan of the SE default font!)

Any further questions please feel free to ask! That goes for anyone else with questions etc or anything unanswered!

Edit: An extremely easy possibility is to simply not use the 51.dat and implement everything else, this would give you the status and menu icons without any of the font etc changes, just a thought =)

#68 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 79 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

Thanks a lot!

Been ages since I last used this, can't wait to start again.

As for the reason about the font, I tried a lot of the original ones (Brandson and then Emiko's) and back then I was using their fonts.

I've been trying some of those added later by Deathbringer, but I always ended up with the original one.

Since when SE released their HD font I came to like that more. Is it habit? Personal tastes? I dunno but I find it more "neutral" and uncharacteristic and for some reason I like it more.

I know it may sound strange, I mean no disrespect toward your work and your predecessors'

#69 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 79 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Stupid me... I didn't notice a folder into the install with a full explanation, even better than Darkshade's >.> I only saw the ChangeTex folder and thought all the explanation/default fonts thing was gone.

Sigh... I'm ashamed, I apologize lol

By the way I managed to install the font I wanted and works like a charm for chatbox and overhead text, but there's still a different font for Menus.

I should solve by overwriting the 51.dat with the original one anyway, I suppose.

What else does the 51.dat (or the respective languages alternative) handle? Fonts, Pointers, Linkshell/Bazaar icons and what else?

#70 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 209 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

The reason you may be having issue with the font is there's two dds responsible for handling font, font font & font moji.

If you notice, the darkshade tutorial only alters one of these.

Other things handled include the look of the menu's, the gauges, gil icons etc.

In total there's about thirty dds in there and FFXI View only changes eight, so I'd say there's a lot more customisation could be made.

One of the random changes that is made, is the circles on the loading page are changed from white to blue (I had honestly never noticed till I played with the dds files).

#71 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                      • PipPipPip
                      • 209 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Looking around now to see if anything should be broke and can't seem to find anything.

If anyone notices any problems using 2.10 with the current version of ffxi please gimme a msg.

#72 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:12 AM

Am fairly sure the current version (2.10) should work with the current FFXI build.

Any problems get in touch =D

#73 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:55 AM

Kinda need new icons for the 22 new SP abilities! Guess that will take time lol

#74 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

Yea you're right, I'm not very artistic so that may take a while.

If anyone has any suggestions please contact me (must be 32x32 in the bmp format).

#75 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                              • PipPipPip
                              • 79 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:06 PM

Everything else working fine for me so far btw.

#76 Xeye

Xeye

Advanced Member

• Members
                                • PipPipPip
                                • 38 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Thank you so much Caradog for your amazing work!

I can't play FFXI without XI View <333 I just love it so much.

I'm really happy to see someone else taking over this amazing project.

Gonna install it now and see how its looks with the new master! :D

Thank you so much again, Cara! /bow

#77 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                  • PipPipPip
                                  • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Thanks =) Yea, its a project I've used for years and I couldn't just let it fade away into the ether...

Anyway, I've looked up the new icons, it may cause a little fuss on the description on some of the newer 2hrs but as far as I can tell thats all.

I will get around to attempting to design a few new icons (but atm, starting a new job so progress might be a bit slow!)

• Xeye likes this

#78 Akumasama

Akumasama

Advanced Member

• Members
                                    • PipPipPip
                                    • 79 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about it. After all they're new stuff and JAs that AT BEST you use once every 1hr.

There isn't all this necessity to rush into making new icons. They can wait!

It would be different if there were some bug or some major stuff to fix. But SP2 icons? Meh... very low priority imho.

I'd be more interested in someone releasing a v0.3 version of Spira's dat map to accompany FFXI Vision, but before that we'll need to wait for Spira to complete the maps lol

#79 Caradog

Caradog

Advanced Member

• Members
                                      • PipPipPip
                                      • 209 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Getting the altered maps in isn't too hard but what I found with most of Spira's maps is I had trouble reducing them to the 516x516 resolution required without losing a lot of clarity.

Could be that I'm being retarded but as I said in an earlier post I'm not particularly artistic and haven't a huge amount of experience with the programs used.

If I could get my hands on a complete set of bmps for all the maps I could probably get them into the .dats and release a complete version.

Oh and while the subject of the new 2hrs comes up, yea it may take me a while to design the new icons, the only issue that may arise with v2.10 is that they may of changed the status description of some of them this update, its a very small fix and I'd prefer to wait till I have something more substantial to change.

#80 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                                        • 111 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

So it seems after the patch, everything still is stable? I didnt see a change in my font at least.

sig.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users