Accessing the Equipment Menu

6 replies to this topic

#1 Vipan

Vipan

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Surprised nobody has said anything yet.  Maybe it's just me haha.  

1. Attempting to access the Equipment option in the Menu causes the game to crash.  Using the /equip command causes the game to crash. Edit* Using Ctrl + E on keyboard crashes the game also.

- All other menu options and sub menu options work fine. Macros work fine with old school scripting. (Spellcast i don't know, never use it.)

2. The new "Alchemy 2" and "Misc. 2" categories in AH are not showing.  Either this wasn't implemented despite SE page saying it was (“Misc. 2” and “Alchemy 2” categories have been added to the auction house.) or something else is going on.

That's all i am able to find for now.  The equipment menu crash is not a major thing, more like inconvenience. Thanks for all the hard work and keep it up^^v

Edit 2:  So i just shut down all plugins and addons and just started a naked windower.  Still crashes when attempting to enter into equipment. it did show the window about a second before it crashed though. 

Edit 3:  Started on non-windower POL.  equipment menu did not crash but guess what?  mog wardrobe was not an option.  Same thing happened to me when job points came out.  Those didn't show up either.  Incoming emergency maint!

#2 celebrindor

celebrindor

• Members
      • Pip
      • 9 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

wanted to second this experience with the equipment menu- however, this is happening to me in vanilla ffxi as well post-update.

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

Try to run a file check, sounds like corrupt DATs. It doesn't happen to anyone I know.

#4 Vipan

Vipan

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:47 PM

Found this here on this site: 

http://forums.window...terface/page-11

it talks about how reinstalling View 2.12 after todays update will cause the mog wardrobe option to disappear.  Which may be the reason behind the crashing when attempting to access my equipment.  It also talks about a fix coming sooner or later.  let's hope the fix solves it all~

#5 Zacas1

Zacas1

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

Well, I posted in one of the other threads about crashing... I only had problems with crashing when I started putting gear into the wardrobe to mess with it and the update to macroing for it... and the crashing started at some point over 50/80 items... had to end up logging into normal POL to remove gear from wardrobe to be under 50/80, and windower was fine... StatusTimer seemed to be buggy once stuff was added into wardrobe as it started putting up random buff timers on the screen when there were no buffs on at the time... Don't recall having any issues with equipment menu... had been doing Cntrl+E and such most of the day after getting the update installed... it wasn't until the last hour or so when I finally decided to mess with wardrobe that the crashing started.

#6 Vipan

Vipan

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:48 PM

On this site at: 

http://forums.window...terface/page-12

those links in the first post are to update your View 2.12 to 2.13.  those updated files will no longer cause mog wardrobe to crash when attempting to access it.  Thanks for the hard work Caradog.  You're doing great things for FF11 players everywhere~

#7 Zacas1

Zacas1

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:36 AM

Eh... removed what I posted before as the XI View thing was not needed since I never used it before as is... but apparently uninstalling WIndower 4 and reinstalling it may fix the equipment/wardrobe crashing issues... or at least it did for me so far...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users