IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 102 posts
    • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hi,

I'm in the process of returning to FFXI after about 7 months (my PC died and it took a while to get a new one).

As part of this I installed both FFXI and Windower from scratch using the newest versions and not using any of the older files.

As such all plugins and add-on and their support files came down / installed tonight.

I'm seeing at least two (2) issues:

1. In the console log I'm seeing errors about the plugin Attainment not found.  Ah, I didn't see Attainment in the list of available plugins (or add-ons) and I didn't download / install it.  Thus why is something trying to load it.  Also in the console was a message about BlinkMeNot.  Again, I didn't download / install it and don't know why it is showing up.  Even before the 7 month "break," I didn't use BlinkMeNot, as I like seeing what clothes are on me to visually know what I have available.
    2. BAD:  When I start a program requiring admin privileges, Windows does the blink to let you know it is a request to raise the privilege of the program.  When this occurs, POL.EXE dies.

Well, that's it.

I asked in another thread (in the General Discussion) several other questions about returning.  If you can, please, drop by and hopefully help me out, I'd appreicate it.

I. B. Halliwell of Ragnarok (formerly of Caitsith)

#2 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 324 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:04 PM

several plugins have been changed to addons

Attainment(plugin) is now pointwatch(addon)

the base problem could be that you installed the newest version of windower over an older version thus over writing the init file

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:29 PM

https://gist.github....912e5c5ed02c58b

The second issue is the standard fullscreen mode issue and has been present since Windower 1.0 and will be present until FFXI shuts down. Disable the screen darkening or disable UAC entirely, those are the only options around it.

#4 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:49 AM

several plugins have been changed to addons

Attainment(plugin) is now pointwatch(addon)

the base problem could be that you installed the newest version of windower over an older version thus over writing the init file

Hi and thank for the quick reply,

In this case, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt everything was brand new.  I installed Windower from scratch using the download, but I'll try again.  I'm saying I did it from scratch because I wanted the SSD (see my other thread on the system) clean.

#5 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 102 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:53 AM

https://gist.github....912e5c5ed02c58b

The second issue is the standard fullscreen mode issue and has been present since Windower 1.0 and will be present until FFXI shuts down. Disable the screen darkening or disable UAC entirely, those are the only options around it.

Hi!

Three items:

First:  I know I did a clean install so I started looking around for both BlinkMeNot and Attainment.  From where are they coming was the question I had to ask and answer . . .

Turns out an addon by the name of "plugin_manager" has them in its settings.xml file.  I'm including a copy of the XML file below.  From what I can tell those console error messages are coming from it.

NOTE:  I didn't configure the Plugin_Manager yet at all.

QUESTION:  Sorry, but, I've forgott, how to get Windowe to log the Console to disk.  (Yeah, writes aren't great on a SSD, but having the log is good, too, IMHO.)

Second:  Is there a spell checker with the editor we're using on this forum?  If so, how does one use it?

Third:  Just a hope . . . FFXI will continue till well after my 110th birthday, but I doubt it (that would be 52+ years).  What we need is a reason for say lot of people to join FFXI brand new.  Sigh, wishful hope.  If that was to happen in time they'd need to buy more servers and spend money again on FFXI.

Personally how would I ensure the furture of FFXI?  Start a new version of Final Fantasy say FF 17.  It is a copy of FF 11 using a new code base and updated for new platforms only.  Provide a migratation from FFXI by annoucing an asteroid is going to hit Vana'diel!!!!  As a result the governments found a planet within traveling distance (using teleportation) now named Vana'diel II.

Starting 20 years ago the major government started building clones of their cities and area on that planet.  The planet is slightly larger than Vana'diel I and it has 10 moons.  Lot of room for exploration and adventuring.

People would have till the asteroid hits to move / migrate their homes.  They could go to the new planet and come back for awhile but at some point would have to migrate permanently. 

Anyway . . .  it is how I would end FFXI by turning it into FFXVII.

I. B. Halliwell

------------ Settings.XML from Plugin_Manager Addon ---------------------

<settings>
          <global>
              <!-- This will be used for all the characters that you don't make a specific set of plugins/addons for -->
              <plugin>Attainment</plugin>
              <plugin>AutoExec</plugin>
              <plugin>Bidder</plugin>
              <plugin>Binder</plugin>
              <plugin>BlinkMeNot</plugin>
              <plugin>Cancel</plugin>
              <plugin>ChatLink</plugin>
              <plugin>ConsoleBG</plugin>
              <plugin>Distance</plugin>
              <plugin>DrawDistance</plugin>
              <plugin>Find</plugin>
              <plugin>GearCollector</plugin>
              <plugin>Itemizer</plugin>
              <plugin>jazero</plugin>
              <plugin>LightLuggage</plugin>
              <plugin>PetTP</plugin>
              <plugin>Silence</plugin>
              <plugin>Spellcast</plugin>
              <plugin>SSOrganizer</plugin>
              <plugin>StatusTimer</plugin>
              <plugin>Timestamp</plugin>
              <plugin>TParty</plugin>
              <plugin>Timers</plugin>
          </global>
          <YourName> <!-- This is just an example. You need to replace "YourName" to the left and below with the character name that you want the set of plugins to work for. -->
              <plugin>AutoExec</plugin>
              <plugin>Bidder</plugin>
              <plugin>Binder</plugin>
              <plugin>Cancel</plugin>
              <plugin>ChatLink</plugin>
              <plugin>ConsoleBG</plugin>
              <plugin>Distance</plugin>
              <plugin>DrawDistance</plugin>
              <plugin>FFOChat</plugin>
              <plugin>Find</plugin>
              <plugin>GearCollector</plugin>
              <plugin>Itemizer</plugin>
              <plugin>jazero</plugin>
              <plugin>LightLuggage</plugin>
              <plugin>Logger</plugin>
              <plugin>PetTP</plugin>
              <plugin>Silence</plugin>
              <plugin>Spellcast</plugin>
              <plugin>SSOrganizer</plugin>
              <plugin>StatusTimer</plugin>
              <plugin>Timestamp</plugin>
              <plugin>TParty</plugin>
              <plugin>Timers</plugin>
              <plugin>Guildwork</plugin>

<addon>send</addon>
              <addon>battlemod</addon>
              <addon>ffocolor</addon>
          </YourName>
      </settings>

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

First:  I know I did a clean install so I started looking around for both BlinkMeNot and Attainment.  From where are they coming was the question I had to ask and answer . . .

Turns out an addon by the name of "plugin_manager" has them in its settings.xml file.  I'm including a copy of the XML file below.  From what I can tell those console error messages are coming from it.

NOTE:  I didn't configure the Plugin_Manager yet at all.

Yeah, that's in the default config for it. Not my idea, bug Byrth about it :)

QUESTION:  Sorry, but, I've forgott, how to get Windowe to log the Console to disk.  (Yeah, writes aren't great on a SSD, but having the log is good, too, IMHO.)

You have to use the following command:
      //console_log 1

If you always want to log console output you can put that at the top of your Windower/scripts/init.txt file

Second:  Is there a spell checker with the editor we're using on this forum?  If so, how does one use it?

No.

#7 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 102 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Arcon,

Thank you for your help.

I noticed in the Plugin Manager two plugins I don't recognize:

1) Bidder

2) JaZero

Where can I get more information about those (e.g. what they do, their commands, etc).  I looked through the normal method and couldn't find any documentation.  I LIKE to know how to use (what I can and can't do) with something before using it.

Thanks! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users