33 replies to this topic

#1 Altnob

Altnob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

I'm coming from ###### and the one thing that keeps me there is the ability to run FFXI with 60FPS. Is there a command/plugin for Windower that allows me to do that?

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 1189 posts
    • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Not currently, but it can be added. I'll look into it later. Do you happen to have the binary for the 60 fps unlocker somewhere I can take a look at it?

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 488 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Source and binary for retroman's original: http://legacy.window...e-cap-adjuster/

#4 retroman

retroman

• Members
      • Pip
      • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

Woops, my hosting expired! I'll put it here as an attachment. (7zip files can't be attached, so i placed the original archive in a zip file)

Attached Files

#5 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

Thanks, but the plugin has already been released to the dev client. It's called Unlimited. By default it increases the cap to 60 FPS, you can fully uncap it in the settings file (Windower/plugin/settings/Unlimited.xml).

If you don't have the dev Windower release, you can download the plugin here and place it in your plugin folder. You will need to load it manually then. We will officially release it to the live client once it's been further tested.

#6 raijinspecial

raijinspecial

• Members
        • Pip
        • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

How do I load the plugin manually?

#7 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:44 PM

Like any other plugin:

//load unlimited

#8 mekia

mekia

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:40 AM

Just wow, can't play without it anymore xD

#9 anadrag

anadrag

• Members
            • Pip
            • 7 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

makes everything look a bit better but makes me run in slow motion!.. and punch in slow mo too! anyway to fix that/??

#10 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 488 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:14 AM

makes everything look a bit better but makes me run in slow motion!.. and punch in slow mo too! anyway to fix that/??

Nope, this is a limitation of the game engine. If your PC cannot render the game consistently at 58.8 Hz then you should not use this plugin.

For the purposes of playing animations, the engine assumes the frame rate is exactly one of 58.8 Hz, 29.4 Hz, 19.6 Hz, 14.7 Hz, etc. and advances the animation in exact multiples of 17 ms per frame, regardless of the actual time required to render the previous frame. This means that animations will slowly decrease to half speed as the frame rate drops from 58.8 to 29.4 Hz, then jump back up to full speed. After this things become less noticeable; between 29.4 and 19.6 Hz the speed will only drop to two thirds. The next range will only drop to three fourths and so on. As the frame rate drops the amount of slow-down decreases and the gaps between target rates get smaller, which helps to hide this artifact.

#11 anadrag

anadrag

• Members
                • Pip
                • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Thanks for the explanation. I have windows 7 on a macbook pro so can't run it at 58 constantly.. It'll stay up there in MH and when I'm alone but drops with animations.. Sorry to be a little off topic but is there anyway to help a little within the nvidia control panel?

#12 staleykevin84

staleykevin84

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 4 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:08 AM

X

#13 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                    • 488 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:53 AM

I have heard rumors that this can get you banned because the server can tell you are moving faster or something? I want to use this so bad but scared of being banned. Can someone clarify on this please?

Thanks,

-Kevin

You can't move any faster (this isn't a flee hack). The only thing that happens is animations may play slower than usual if your PC isn't strong enough to run the game at 58.8 FPS, which isn't detectable server-side. This is safe to use.

...7zip files can't be attached, so i placed the original archive in a zip file

Fixed this, you can attach .7z files now (though .zip is still recommended, since anyone can open them without installing anything).

• Xeye and staleykevin84 like this

#14 staleykevin84

staleykevin84

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 4 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:32 PM

You can't move any faster (this isn't a flee hack). The only thing that happens is animations may play slower than usual if your PC isn't strong enough to run the game at 58.8 FPS, which isn't detectable server-side. This is safe to use.

###########################################################################################################################################################################

#15 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                        • 488 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Yes we do have numbers for that. Approximately 5.0% of our users have this plugin installed (we do not track if plugins are set to auto-load). Which I'm actually a little surprised by, that's higher than I expected it to be, considering how new it is and how little exposure we've given it. For comparison, LightLuggage, which is a considerably more risky plugin (it is detectable server-side, SE just doesn't seem to care), is installed by approx. 38.5% of Windower users.

#16 Immortalknight00000

Immortalknight00000

• Members
                          • PipPip
                          • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:53 AM

is there an .xml? I looked to see what it would be like to fully uncap but wasn't where the post above said it would be  by arcon

#17 Immortalknight00000

Immortalknight00000

• Members
                            • PipPip
                            • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:40 AM

ok I did some checking, on my girlfriends pc I notice there is a .xml file in that folder but not in mine? Possible glitch?

#18 Immortalknight00000

Immortalknight00000

• Members
                              • PipPip
                              • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:51 AM

Never mind, I apologize, I realized I had to log fully into the game before windower would create the .xml file. All I can say is fully unlocked is insane!!! Wow guys! Looks close to real life now!

#19 Immortalknight00000

Immortalknight00000

• Members
                                • PipPip
                                • 16 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

Is there any plan to give manual frame rate choices? Or is there a way to push your graphics card a lil harder cuz my pc handles it great in city but in battle where its pushed is where it slows down

#20 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                                  • 1189 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:17 AM

That's impossible to do. Or well, it would be extremely hard... technically very little is impossible to do. The way SE determines the frame rate cap is by dividing 60 by a specific value. That value is normally set to 2, hence the 30 FPS cap. This plugin merely changes it to 1, so the cap is increased to 60. If set to 0, the cap is removed. We could give you lower FPS choices by allowing higher values (for example specifying 4 would result in a 15 FPS cap). I suppose people could use that to throttle the game's CPU usage if they have really old PCs, but that sounds like a bit of a stretch. But arbitrary values are impossible because the value we change can only take integral values, so you couldn't specify 0.5 to get a 120 FPS cap or something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users