eschaaddon requestcolor

3 replies to this topic

#1 Mrbelvedere

Mrbelvedere

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 06:59 PM

I'm not certain this is the proper place to make a request, please move this where it belongs if this is improper placement.

What I'm wondering is if there is a flag somwhere we can access via existing windower plugins to toggle the new Escha zone's "grayscale" color mode.  It is just my opinion, but I feel others may be of the same mindset, that It'd be more enjoyable to play in these zones if they weren't so desolate and baren with the white-washed desaturation they've decided to apply as zone effects.

If there isn't already some way to do this (Maybe even a dat-swap of the zone map file would work?), I'd love it if someone introduced an addon to resaturate the Escha zones to thier original pre-escha look and feel.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me to accomplish this with existing tools, or thoughts on the topic in general.  Thanks!

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:40 PM

It's not a filter, the grayscale palette has been baked into the area textures themselves, so there no way to just flip a switch and turn the color back on. I don't think a dat swap will work either, because certain area-specific information (namely, map coordinate mappings, and zone line information) is baked into the dat files as well. For example (if a dat swap even works, I'm not sure, I've never tried dat swapping a zone, could easily just cause a crash), if you accidentally cross a zone line that exists in the original map, but not in Escha, the client might send an invalid zone request to the server, which could easily get you banned.

A safer solution would be to extract all of the textures from the originals and replace the grayscale versions in the Escha zones with those. But that's going to be at least a few hours of work, possibly much more if the texture names don't match up.

#3 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 334 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

I remember a dat mod of valkrum where they recolored the sand to a more darker shade, no idea how they did it tho.

#4 Schliematt

Schliematt

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 18 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

Prolly the same thing he mentioned, took textures from dynamis dunes and imported them into regular.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users