Crashing during the change from POL to FFXI

71 replies to this topic

#1 wteab

wteab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Im running windows 8.1 preview build 9431 im on an alienware laptop with intel core i5-321om CPU @2.50 GHZ 2. 50 GHZ 

Windower was working fine ran and got an ice cream with the kids came back one char was frozen. Xed out of him then went to mess with next char as son as I moved crashed now i go through process and when it time to change from POL to FFXi before any plugins load or anything crash says Playonline has stopped working. 

#2 wteab

wteab

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Also I turned all add ons off and all plygins off

#3 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I wonder if it has anything to do with the issues I've had lately where FFXI randomly crashes about a minute after logging in.  Doesn't always do it though and it's unpredictable when it happens, making it impossible to reproduce at my end.

#4 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

Any update on this? Only Windows that I dont see this happen as much is Windows 7, but my Windows XP and Windows 8 PC.... man.. I dont even try to load FFXI up much on them anymore cause I hate trying 4 times before it lets me in.

sig.jpg
          Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
          ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#5 Byrth

Byrth

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 85 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

Can you guys please try to replicate this without Windower?

#6 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
            • 111 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

This issue doesnt happen when windower isnt used. Sometimes during these login events, I wont even use windower just so I KNOW I can login quick and logout. All I can tell you is, its right after the drawdistance shows on screen logs.

sig.jpg

#7 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts
              • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

To do anything about it we really need more information. Whenever you try to post a crash issue, please follow the instructions here. If we can't reproduce it, crash dumps are the only way we can see what's going on.

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:04 AM

Also, can you check out if this still happens on the 4.1 version of Windower? If you install it, make sure to install it to a different folder.

#9 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

I use windows 7 and I have the above issue and now when I try to launch windower 4 it shows launching PlayOnline and it takes around 30-40 seconds before  the PlayOnline Viewer launches. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing windower and still takes forever to launch. Of course, when I finally get it to launch it takes several attempts to get in because my the windower freezes when it starts to load from POL to FFXI. Also, the windower randomly shutdown switching from character to character or teleporting to a new zone via whm teleport. Then it takes forever to log back on to the character because it shows the character as still being logged on for several minutes. None of these issues occur when not using the windower the game runs fine. Any suggestions? I mean I love the windower and all the work you guys have put into it. I am not computer savy and have no clue what else to try.

Forgot to mention the above issue happens on both my laptop and desktop both using Windows 7; however, the Windower taking 30-40 seconds to load the PlayOnline only happens on my Desktop. And it happens every day not just randomly.

#10 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
                • 111 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Lets all try that with the Windower 4.1 and post back results please. Past couple weeks, RL work been in my way, so I have to still update my laptop to test this out steadily, but more reports back in the better!

sig.jpg

#11 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

Will try, but so far it's still taking forever to load. Not sure if this will help at all but when I was deleting the folder I noticed a crash note file. There's a bunch of stuff on it but I cannot copy and paste the info on this board b/c it says my post is to long, lol.

#12 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                    • 1189 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

The crash.log file only logs crashing before POL launches (i.e. during the green Windower startup screen). If something is in there, it's unrelated to an actual FFXI crash.

#13 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Understood. I loaded 4.1, made no changes and just ran it exactly as it was. After 2 hours of trying I had no problems crashing or random drops after switching chars or areas; however, it is still taking a long time for the launching of PlayOnline. I noticed there is an error that appears on the background red lettered txt lines (please forgive me have no clue what the load process is called) that says (same line that shows delvelopsers and such): > Could not execute1 init.txt-File was not found. -2  Not sure what that is, but so far everything works fine. Later on I will start adding addons and plugins and see if it starts messing up. Starting to wonder if it's one of the addons/plugins because I remember the lockup happens at the same time as the red letters show up over the POL loading (basically the same lines as the > could not execute1 error appeared).

#14 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 16 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Just a quick update. The windower was working great and no porblems. Loaded the following plugins with no problems: Timers, TParty, StatTimer. When I loaded Attainment the windower started locking up again. It gets to the blank screen before char load and freezes. When you use task manager it shows the application as not responding. I end it and log another char and it shows the char I was trying to log on to as being logged in. This status stays for anywhere from 2-5 minutes. On the previous version you could log in again and select a different char on the same account and it would let you in, while still showing the previous char being logged in. You cannot do that now because the other cahr will freeze too. You have to wait until both chars show as offline before you can log into that particular account.

#15 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                        • 1189 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

There must be an error elsewhere, this has nothing to do with Windower. Whether or not you can log in is decided by the server, meaning the server thinks your char is already logged in. Windower can't log in for you, so that's either a bug on SE's side or you logged in on both chars.

I'll see if I can reproduce the error with Attainment.

#16 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 16 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

K, all I know is ever since I loaded Attainment the windower is freezing. I tried to just shut it off but it still locks up. I tried for over 2 hours prior to intially cutting Attainment on and it downloaded something and it never froze or locked up even one time. After intially cutting it on it locks up regardless if I have it on or off. Any idea why the windower shows:

> Could not execute1 init.txt - File was not found. -2

That loads while plugins load. Though it may not be anything of importance.

When I get time later this week I'll try to un/re install and try to see if it will freeze without loading any plugins.

#17 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                          • 1189 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

> Could not execute1 init.txt - File was not found. -2

That is actually not important at all, it means that the init.txt file is missing from your Windower/scripts folder. However, there are only some Windower commands to be executed on startup in there, all plugins should still load and run just fine without it and it certainly shouldn't crash.

#18 m4497

m4497

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

I was having the same issues listed above but could not get into the game. I've installed 4.1 and have gotten as far as the plugins loading but ffxi crashes at the startup screen after "Enabling MMF input from keyboard is logged. The following plugins are enabled:

binder

distance

drawdistance

infobar

itemizer

spellcast

statustimer

timers

timestamp

tparty

Once I see those logged it then logs "Enabling MMF input from keyboard" and then game crashes "PlayOnline Views has stopped working."

I can get into the game without using Windower 4.1 or 4.0.

My system is Windows 8.1 Pro, graphics card is GeForce GTX 660. Not sure if that makes a difference.

#19 m4497

m4497

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

to add - and this is weird. I tried logging in and it crashed loading luacore.dll. I moved the existing luacore.dll to a backup folder and let windower 4.1 download a new one on startup. I have no clue how that has anything to do with anything, but I'm now in the game on 1 character.

Trying to log in on second character now and its crashing at same spot as before "Enabling MMF input from keyboard".

First character is still logged in no problem.

#20 Sacher

Sacher

• Members
                              • PipPip
                              • 16 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Not sure if anything was updated but I have not had any issues with freezing in 3-4 days. However, I have not tried to cut Attainment back on, which I may try again b/c I really like that one...

So far, this has occured twice on the 27 of Oct and once today 11/9.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users