Photo

Windower 4 Background/Overlay Resolution

Resolutionbackgroundoverlaywindower 3windower 4settingGUI

Best Answer Arcon , 04 September 2013 - 05:02 AM

Go to the settings.xml file in the root Windower folder and add <supersampling>0.5</supersampling> there. If <supersampling>x</supersampling> already exists, just change x to 0.5.

Go to the full post

8 replies to this topic

#1 microwater888

microwater888

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Hi All,

I'm just an average user with an average PC and have no programming experience so please forgive me if I don't tell my things clear.

I've recently upgraded my dated Windower 3 to Windower 4 and love the new interface and automatic update - but then I realize when I change the resolution setting from the Windower launcher, both the Background and Overlay resolution in game will change to the same setting (verified from the Final Fantasy XI Config).

For example, I  use 1280 x 768 for Overlay and 512 x 512 for Background Resolution (Yes I multi-box on same PC), if I punch in 1280 x 768 in the Windower 4 launcher, both Overlay AND Background will changed to 1024 x 768 and that instantly drives the game so laggy if I duo-box. 

With Windower 3, if I change the overlay setting from the Windower GUI, only the overlay in FFXI Config will change, so it works as intended. I can adjust the background resolution from the FFXI Config however I wanted it. 

My question is: is there a way around it? The Overlay and Background resolution should be separated just like what the FFXI Config and Windower 3 had offered. 

Thanks so much.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:02 AM   Best Answer

Go to the settings.xml file in the root Windower folder and add <supersampling>0.5</supersampling> there. If <supersampling>x</supersampling> already exists, just change x to 0.5.

#3 microwater888

microwater888

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

Arcon - Thank you so much for the prompt and accurate solution. It works like charm and all my chars look like Lego again and I love it :D.

#4 Witchyismean

Witchyismean

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:02 AM

I have little knowledge of pc workings just what not to mess with but in Windower 3 and FFXIConfig I could adjust my Overlay,Background and menu resolution. Almost everything is great BUT menu resolution in Windower4.  The text is so small I have to squint and get closer to tv or have daughter read it. No matter what resolution I use currently 1000x800 on a 43" LCD TV with pc connected via HDMI cord and it's settings at 1920x1080. In the FFXIConfig if I set menu resolution to 1024x768,Overlay to 1024x768 and Background at 2048x2048 it great for my tv. The other settings are set at: MIP MAPPING HIGH, Super Sampling ON, Hardware Mouse ON, Sound OFF, BUMP MAPPING OFF, UI Scale 1x, Gamma 0.4173913 Debug log ON, Error Log ON, Input Log ON, IPC Log ON. I also have the xbox version and LOVE how the text is large enough to see from a distance as well as the graphics but miss my windower and the lag gets annoying. What do I do to adjust it? Thanks!!!

#5 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts
          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:10 AM

You can adjust the UI scale. If you incrase it (to, say, 2.0) everything would be twice as large. It's a multiplier, so if you wanna increase the size by x percent, set the UI scale to 1 + x/100.

#6 Lilirara

Lilirara

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:25 PM

I'm having some trouble with UI scaling. Whenever I turn it on, it breaks mouse targeting for both menus and in-game objects.

I've tried disabling other plugins/addons/graphical features, but the problem persists, so I'm forced to play without it.

Disabling hardware mouse fixes the problem, but that's not exactly feasible with how shitty the software mouse is.

Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

#7 Fujikun

Fujikun

• Members
            • Pip
            • 1 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 10:31 AM

Bump

Does anyone know how to fix this menu resolution thing? I'm currently using a 1920 x 1080 (resolution) screen, and the ingame text is way too small. This UI scaling isn't really an option..

#8 Elemental

Elemental

• Members
              • Pip
              • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:35 PM

I also am having this problem.  My resolution is set to 4K which leaves the UI size way too small.  Turning UI scale up to 2x is perfect but then the mouse cursor no longer aligns correctly with objects you want to click.  Turning on software cursor ends up creating two different cursors that becomes really problematic.  Is there any work around for this?

#9 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 488 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 03:26 AM

This is a bug in Windower, fixing it requires non-trivial changes to some very messy code. It's very likely that this will not get fixed in Windower 4.x. It's already fixed in Windower 5, but we do not have any kind of time frame for it's potential release.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resolution, background, overlay, windower 3, windower 4, setting, GUI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users