4 replies to this topic

#1 pheonixistari

pheonixistari

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Hi,

Is there any way that we could get pointwatch to show remainders like attainment did?  It really helps me to know how much further I have to go to the next merit/capacity point and I'm sure there are probably others who liked that function as well.  

Example:

exp:  12000/15000 (3000) 

current exp/exp needed to get to next level (this much left until you reach the next level)

Thanks in advance if this is possible!

#2 Byrth

Byrth

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 85 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

You can do this with your file. For instance, the default is this:

xp.current..'/'..xp.tnl..'XP '..lp.current..'/'..lp.tnm..'LP ['..lp.number_of_merits..'/'..lp.maximum_merits..'] XP/hr:'..string.format('%.1f',math.floor(xp.rate/100)/10)..'k '..cp.current..'/'..cp.tnjp..'CP ['..cp.number_of_job_points..'] CP/hr:'..string.format('%.1f',math.floor(cp.rate/100)/10)..'k'

But you can change your default to be this:

xp.current..'/'..xp.tnl..'XP ('..(xp.tnl-xp.current)..') '..lp.current..'/'..lp.tnm..'LP ('..(lp.tnm-lp.current)..') '['..lp.number_of_merits..'/'..lp.maximum_merits..'] XP/hr:'..string.format('%.1f',math.floor(xp.rate/100)/10)..'k '..cp.current..'/'..cp.tnjp..'CP ['..cp.number_of_job_points..'] CP/hr:'..string.format('%.1f',math.floor(cp.rate/100)/10)..'k'

Notice how I added the xp.tnl-xp.current and lp.tnm-lp.current? Those should tell you how much you have remaining until the next level or merit.

#3 pheonixistari

pheonixistari

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:54 PM

Hi Byrth,

I'm unfortunately super fail at coding.  I understand what you're trying to do there though.  I tried copy pasting it into the settings.xml file on the <default> line but when I load up ffxi, pointwatch just errors out now.  

It tells me:

PointWatch: Lua runtime error: pointwatch/statistics.lua:148: bad argument #1 to 'setfenv' (number expected, got nil)

PointWatch: Lua runtime error: pointwatch/pointwatch.lua:136: [string "current_string = xp.current..'/'..xp.tnl..'XP ('..(xp.tnl-xp-cu..."]:1: '=' expected near '/'

#4 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 88 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:41 PM

Thought I'd give that a try too, found it on line 8 of settings.xml, but after replacing it with the code to show tnl I got the same error as pheonixistari did.

#5 dzyp69

dzyp69

• Members
            • Pip
            • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:03 AM

hello there

i have another problem with pointwatch and everytime i load pointwatch i get this error

PointWatch: Lua runtime error: pointwatch/pointwatch.lua:143: attempt to index a nil value

maybe cause this was a ffxi update or something

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pointwatch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users