VanatunesSpoonybardaddon

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dewz

Dewz

• Members
    • Pip
    • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:08 AM

Is there anyone interest in making something similar to how spoonybard works with vanatunes. I know the vanatunes support was dropped so spoonybard doesn't work anymore since theres no support for vanatunes. How hard would it be to make an addon that does the same thing as vanatunes and spoonybard together?

#2 thecuriousorange

thecuriousorange

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

I'm trying to teach myself how to write addons in lua from having a good enough grasp of gearswap to write my own.

So I don't know how plausable it would be, but I came up with a few approaches.

Approach 1: If the server sends a packet to trigger the client to play a particular bgw file, that packet can be intercepted client side and an alternative sound file could be played in its place, preferably with added capability to use system codecs to play user files that could be defined in a user written xml, thus allowing as much or as little customisation as people would like.

approach 2: set it to play music based on the zone, IsInCombat(true or false) and number of party members, again ideally with the capability to use system codecs to play an audio file as desired.

approach 3: using the flags stated in approach 2, use a lua script to trigger the run plugin to launch a media player that has command line functionality to launch with the desired file and close and relaunch when the music would change again with the appropriate file for the zone or whatever in the command line.

can anyone tell me how viable any of this would be?

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

The setbgm addon was submitted to the repository on December 16th, and was expanded to work outside of the Mog House on December 21st. I'm not sure what Spoonybard did but Vanatunes functionality is in place now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vanatunes, Spoonybard, addon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users