#1 Eurewyen

Eurewyen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:35 PM

Hello everyone, 

As you allready know there has been an update, and this update has made strange things happend.

logging in goes fine, when ingame it terminates the windower due to some error, and it says error: coulden't find party and something more II was not fast enough to get a picture of the problmes. And alsi still having issues with finding all. And also asks me to /gw flush --add to guildwork, and some error there.  We encounter several issues7errors after updates, but not as hard as this my meaning, I haven't DC for years until today.

And now I crashed 2 times just by job change and turning around in mog house.  

if there is a log I can copy/past, please let me know where and I post it for you to see.

In advance thank you!

Eurewyen = = Time is not important .... Life is = = 

= = Man må ikke æde en hugorm mindre end mindst en time før man har tænkt sig at svømme! = =

#2 unacornz

unacornz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:16 PM

There is also a problem with Itemizer.  Plenty of inventory space but get message "Inventory has no free space" And TParty is not working either

#3 kantdoit4u

kantdoit4u

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 53 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

After I did update, I got the following errors:

Infobar encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. ERROR: Access violation in prerender method. Plugin successfully unloaded

Statustimer encountered a fatal error and must be terminated ERROR: Access violation in outgoing chunk method. Plugin successufully unloaded

#4 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

So far since todays' update I've found that Tparty and Gearcollector is broken. Spellcast and Gearswap is flooding my screen with red wall o' text error messages.

#5 blink383

blink383

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

I have tested thoroughly with all add-on's and plugins I normally use. Unloaded and tested one at a time. (I do not use itemizer so i can't tell you if that one is working or not) But spellcast is my culprit as well as statustimer. autojoin and autoinvite seem to be having problems also, but do not crash the system. I run windows 8 which is likely to cause more issues as it always has since it's release. 

Tparty doesn't work I noticed that but it doesn't crash the system. I haven't been able to try gearcollector as spellcast is causing me to crash. so just unloaded both of those. 

#6 Lilawel

Lilawel

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Tparty, Boxhelper, Gearcollector, spellcast, and guildwork is my culprit. no more seeing shouts in any zone until fixed 

#7 Talien

Talien

• Members
            • Pip
            • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

Windower has been crashing on me on login all afternoon. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to a new folder and still no good even prior to getting addons set up. When attempting to run program using POL.exe I was getting Failure to Initialize Direct3D, and thought that might be an issue as well, but having resolved that issue, I can now play, but have run into the no sprite issue when playing (which was the whole purpose for originally using windower). Any suggestions or ideas on when we're looking at a fix?

#8 Zigbar

Zigbar

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Windower has been crashing on me on login all afternoon. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to a new folder and still no good even prior to getting addons set up. When attempting to run program using POL.exe I was getting Failure to Initialize Direct3D, and thought that might be an issue as well, but having resolved that issue, I can now play, but have run into the no sprite issue when playing (which was the whole purpose for originally using windower). Any suggestions or ideas on when we're looking at a fix?

Todays update broke a lot of stuff. They're working on a fix. I've found unloading Spellcast, Recast Timers, and Timers you're able to log completely in and play without crashing.

#9 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 1189 posts
                • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:40 AM

All known errors should now be fixed (except for one in Spellcast we're still trying to track down).

#10 Eurewyen

Eurewyen

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 20 posts
                • LocationDenmark

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:45 AM

All known errors should now be fixed (except for one in Spellcast we're still trying to track down).

Hi Arcon, 

Sounds great thank you, I hope you find the spellcaster issue aswell!

• Talien likes this

Eurewyen = = Time is not important .... Life is = = 

= = Man må ikke æde en hugorm mindre end mindst en time før man har tænkt sig at svømme! = =

#11 Talien

Talien

• Members
                • Pip
                • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:07 AM

Cleared the Direct3D and sprite errors, but still cannot play in windower on a fresh install. I've made sure all Plugins are turned off or uninstalled and have tried with almost every combination, but as soon as I hit play and it jumps from the POL launch screen to FFXI it crashes. I'm open for suggestions.

#12 Zigbar

Zigbar

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

Cleared the Direct3D and sprite errors, but still cannot play in windower on a fresh install. I've made sure all Plugins are turned off or uninstalled and have tried with almost every combination, but as soon as I hit play and it jumps from the POL launch screen to FFXI it crashes. I'm open for suggestions.

What windows are you using?

#13 Krellion

Krellion

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

StatusTimer still has a non-fatal glitch where it doesn't reset the timer properly for a buff after it has been removed and put back on.

Example:
                      1. Have Protect on
                      2. Say that Protect has 15 minutes remaining
                      3. Cancel Protect so that its timer disappears
                      4. Recast Protect
                      5. The timer for Protect continues from 15 minutes instead of starting over at its normal 30 minute time

Using StatusTimer's "resettimer <id>" command will reset a timer properly, but it should happen automatically when the above steps (1-4) happen.

#14 Talien

Talien

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

Windows 8.1 (yeah I know horrible, right)

#15 Zigbar

Zigbar

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 43 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:18 AM

BlinkMeNot and InforBar still encountering fatal errors and unloading themselves as well.

BlinkMeNot: Access violation in IncomingChunk method.

#16 kantdoit4u

kantdoit4u

Advanced Member

• Members
                          • PipPipPip
                          • 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:42 AM

Infobar still isnt working, get same error as stated previously

#17 Diosax

Diosax

• Members
                            • Pip
                            • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

Spellcast still broken, when im on DD and try to engage or change gear pol crash

#18 blink383

blink383

• Members
                              • Pip
                              • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:49 AM

Just logged out and back in and all my stuff seems to be working, including spellcast :) Thanks guys you rock!

#19 Diosax

Diosax

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

windower must be re installed to fix spellcast bug?

#20 blink383

blink383

• Members
                                  • Pip
                                  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

OK i got my hopes up... yes relogging windower will fix a lot of issues. Spellcast worked fine for all my melee jobs, however my mages it crashes. Not crashes ffxi completely but unloads spellcast. Spellcast loads with a critical error: cannot find party. on mage jobs it crashes when you cast. someone pointed out changing macro's from <st> to <t> would allow it to work, but it doesn't it worked like that for 1-2 cast then crashed again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users