Photo

Changed .xml files/settings not saving

.xml files not saving.xmlnot savingin use by another programin usewont savefiles wont save

1 reply to this topic

#1 jafet

jafet

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

All of a sudden (I love how these problems seem to start 'All of a Sudden') any changes I make to my 'settings' files under 'Program Files (x86) > Windower4 > plugins > settings > Timers' are not saving. I keep getting the message, "Save failed, Please check if this file is opened in another program." I've closed out Windower 4, Playonline and basically shut down everything I could and tried to save my desired changes but the same thing happens. I shut down and restarted the laptop and tried again, same thing. I've no clue what's going on. Anyone?

A few key points I noticed...

The default program for XML documents was set to 'XML Editor'. Anytime I opened the document with that program it opened within an Internet Exporer type browser window and I was unable to make any changes. I could only read the documents contents. I changed the default program for opening XML files to Notepad++ by right clicking on the Windower4 'Timers' file, clicking on 'Change' under the Generals tab, and manually locating and selecting Notepad+ as the default program for opening that file type.

Other Info

I'm using Windows 8.1

I was able to save files just fine before, suddenly I can't.

I installed no additional programs/software or the likes in my laptop that I suspect might be causing this problem.

This issue is 'suddenly' happening on BOTH my laptops (I have 2 exact same laptops with the exact same specs, exact same issue)

Ctrl + Alt + Delete displays no obvious running programs I suspect might be using the XML files in question.

None of the XML files within my 'Settings' folder within Windower4 are saving including Timers, WeatherMon, Silence, PetTP, Itemizer etc

I just tried disabling Wifi suspecting it might be some kind of file sharing restriction thing and tried saving the file offline but it didn't work.

I was able to save the file on my 3rd desktop computer (Windows XP) normally

#2 Nuran

Nuran

• Members
      • Pip
      • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I having this same issue and am wondering if there is a way to get around this at all.

Jafet has explained it exactley same way as is happening to me and i have taken the same steps to try and fix it myself however no such luck

Any advice would be great Thanks :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users