3 replies to this topic

#1 Behemothx

Behemothx

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationNB, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

Logged in today, can't load find without it filling the screen with an overlay and can barely see anything, Text on top of that makes it even worse.

http://local.xnb.ca/find.png

or

http://postimg.org/image/oy4sc7t0n/

That's with find alone, text will overlap the overlay from find.

<edit> somehow screenshot hide had it hidden

Also, the submit bug from github is archaic.  You will never get regular non-programmers to submit bugs there, please use the support forums and use whatever you can from there...

Leviathan.Behemothx

#2 Behemothx

Behemothx

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationNB, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Ok, rather than editing my original message I figured I'd make an other post for the fix.

Weathermon is the plugin at fault.  Unloading it fixed my find and text bug.

BUT, after loading find successfuly I managed to reload weathermon without screen fill.  Inconsistent bug probably due to screen drawing with one of those plugins....  I don't have the code you guys do.... :/ 

Order of loading seems to be the issue, in my case the order was: Text > Weathermon and find loaded from autoexec since it crashed me a few months ago

Leviathan.Behemothx

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 1189 posts
    • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:32 AM

Is that on 4.0 or 4.1? Is it reproducible? I cannot seem to make it trigger. If so, what do you do to make it happen?

We do read these forums, but I can almost guarantee you that if something isn't on the first page I will never look at it again. This is not deliberate, this is because forums are horrible for efficient report tracking. They are just forums. On GitHub they're easily searchable by tag, priority and status, which is why nothing gets ignored there. The only reason so many old issues are still open is because they're either already fixed on 4.1 (which is also true for almost every text-related bug, and if this is one of those it's probably fixed as well) or because they're almost impossible to reproduce and not as important as other issues we currently have. But they're all still active and occasionally being investigated when the chance presents itself. If someone gets lost on the forums it will stay lost forever (just check the old Windower's support forums for an extended example). The move to GitHub is deliberate and you don't have to be a programmer to report on there (making an account there is easier than on here, and writing text should be possible for everyone ;p).

#4 Behemothx

Behemothx

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts
    • LocationNB, Canada

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Hi Arcon,

It's on 4.0.  About reproducing it hmm, it just happened after I logged yesterday... I assumed an update was pushed on one of those three plugins, cause I didn't change any configurations anywhere.  I will relog before events today and add to this post.

Leviathan.Behemothx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users