Go to the full post

7 replies to this topic

#1 jam

jam

• Members
    • Pip
    • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere. I searched and couldn't find it.

Is there a way to turn off the permanent "highlight glow" in Windower 4? I want to make it look closer to the official launcher in terms of brightness. The Ambient lighting option is too dark.

#2 Niam

Niam

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:32 PM   Best Answer

game_forceambientlight 0

or F11.

• jam likes this

#3 jam

jam

• Members
        • Pip
        • 5 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:34 AM

game_forceambientlight 0
          or F11.

Thank you! With Bump Mapping on, that turned off the character glow without enabling Ambient Lighting.

Is there any way to stop the neon blue tint some rocks have?

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 488 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

I'm not sure what the neon blue tint you're talking about is. Could you show us a screen shot?

#5 deadman80

deadman80

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:00 PM

If you are getting objects that have unnatural coloring (bright blue/green usually, though rarely can be invisible/transparent) then from my experience, you may have damaged your RAM. >_<;;

I've had this happen with several games before and it was because I had kinda sorta cooked my RAM and needed to replace it.  >_>

Basically, it seems that the graphical textures of the neon colored objects are getting loaded into damaged sections which can't be read from properly, so you end up seeing the underlying background texture of the object.  (Usually the same color as bluescreens/greenscreens used for movie compositing.)

I could be entirely wrong and misguided on the technicalities behind what you're seeing, but the solution of replacing the RAM has always worked for me...  Except that one time that it was the memory on the graphics card, which was thankfully still under warranty. :x

You might want to look into doing some hardware diagnostics.  Odds are good that it's not actually a Windower issue, but a hardware/component problem. 

#6 jam

jam

• Members
              • Pip
              • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm not sure what the neon blue tint you're talking about is. Could you show us a screen shot?

It tends to happen at night in my Mog Garden:

2hx7dz4.png
                F11 was on when I took this but I think those rocks stay blue regardless. Is this normal?

If you are getting objects that have unnatural coloring (bright blue/green usually, though rarely can be invisible/transparent) then from my experience, you may have damaged your RAM. >_<;;

I hope not! I just bought this computer last year.

#7 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 488 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

That's normal; it's just how SE decided to light the zone at night.

#8 jam

jam

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:00 AM

That's normal; it's just how SE decided to light the zone at night.

Guess that'll teach me not to cross check with the official launcher. It looks so weird I thought it had to be an error.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users