Photo

Addon Request: WS and SC helper (visual)

requestskillchainweaponskill

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kazaki

Kazaki

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

Hello good folks of windower

I posted this on the ffxiah forums too but it seems that thread is dead and I don't think anyone is monitoring it anymore, so I'll copy/paste (with some edits for context) the idea here. If it's in the wrong place then apologies! I couldn't find anywhere more suitable. 

As a noob returning player who never really got to grips with skillchains it would be great if there was a noob-friendly addon to help people learn what WS they can use to skillchain off different WS and SCs, especially that more-so now than ever SCs are so important to gameplay. Something to show the current SC element that is on the mob and show which WS's (based off current weapon and ranged if you are RNG or /RNG) you can do to make certain other SC's off that. Is this possible? 

As a separate request but along the same lines, I guess it could be made standalone or combined if anyone wanted the challenge, would be a timer to tell you how long you have until the window to SC closes, something similar to the current timers with a bar that goes down?

If I was a genius like the brilliant minds here then I would make it myself but I'm full of ideas and no way to execute them... 

Thanks for taking the time to read (and reply if you do!)

Kaz

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

It's definitely possible, it should even be easy. However, it's very unlikely anyone on the Windower dev team is going to make it; we barely have enough time to  work on Windower as it is.

#3 Kazaki

Kazaki

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 17 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

Understandably you guys work incredibly hard to make everyone's FFXI experience so much better and it's hugely appreciated. I wish I had the knowledge to make something like this and even contribute to the team in some way but unfortunately I have zero knowledge of it... Making a gearswap work is hard enough for me lol

I hope that someone sees this and has time some day to make it :D

Thanks for the response

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request, skillchain, weapon, skill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users