Photo

Class Not Registered

Best Answer sdahlka , 18 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

info from SE

http://www.playonlin...news23829.shtml

Nov. 17, 2014 03:58 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XIspacer.gif   Current Known Issue for Windows Version (Nov. 17)spacer.gifinfhr.gif

We have received a number of questions regarding an issue wherein security software are removing certain program files (such as FFXI.dll) from the Windows Version of FINAL FANTASY XI.

This issue is currently being investigated and we ask for your patience.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Go to the full post

5 replies to this topic

#1 snubber

snubber

• Members
    • Pip
    • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi guys, I have encountered a problem I have not yet seen from windower4. I am using windower 8

This is what happened:

1. Clicked on the normal windower4 login application. And the windower4 window came up.

2. Clicked on the launch button.

3. Clicked the SE id account, entered the password and what not. And it allows me to login.

4. Clicked on the short cut crystal.

5. Clicked on the play icon.then click close.

6. Clicked the play icon again.

This is where the problem starts, normally this takes me to the ffxi login screen where i can choose my character and go into ffxi to play.

BUT a smaller window would pop up on top of the normal playonline view window.

Saying "please wait while wondows configures FFXI". Then there is a small progress bar at the bottom and on top of it saying "Gathering required information..."

I allowed it to run, and then it would say "Class not registered". and Just ends and not allowing me to do anything else, besides from closing the programe.

The attached pictures 001 to 003 shows what happened.

If I don't allow it to run and click on "Cancel", I would still end up with the same message of "Class not registered".

What does this mean? Does anyone have similar problem?

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.PNG   262.13K   5 downloads
      • Attached File  002.PNG   137.48K   4 downloads
      • Attached File  003.PNG   5.35K   6 downloads

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

Check out this thread. I don't know why that error is suddenly popping up, but you're not the only one.

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

I would also like to add that this has happened to one of our own devs, and he was able to verify that it's not Windower; it happens with vanilla PlayOnline too.

#4 taroo

taroo

• Members
        • Pip
        • 1 posts
        • LocationAtlanta

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

I had this happen when Norton deleted ffxi.dll last night. Replaced the missing .dll and added it to the exclusions list. Works now :D

Edit: There was just an update that replaced ffxi.dll and some other files, Hopefully they fixed it.

#5 snubber

snubber

• Members
        • Pip
        • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

I solved it by re-installing ffxi. >.< took me a while.

and i have also set norton to exclude ffxi folder when scanning. just to prevent it from happening again. omg. what a hassle.

#6 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 324 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:58 AM   Best Answer

info from SE

http://www.playonlin...news23829.shtml

Nov. 17, 2014 03:58 [PST] From: FINAL FANTASY XIspacer.gif   Current Known Issue for Windows Version (Nov. 17)spacer.gifinfhr.gif

We have received a number of questions regarding an issue wherein security software are removing certain program files (such as FFXI.dll) from the Windows Version of FINAL FANTASY XI.

This issue is currently being investigated and we ask for your patience.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users