Photo

Windows 8 Plugins Loading But Not Working

Windows 8Plugins

Best Answer Logical , 05 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

After extensive searching of other similar sufferers, I corrected this problem entirely by disabling secure boot from BIOS. This seems to work, among others, with MSI laptops (based on other similar reports). 

Step-by-step: www.technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn481258.aspx

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

#1 Logical

Logical

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:47 AM

So I recently installed FFXI and Windower 4 on my new Laptop (MSI GS70). I'm running Windows 8, 64-bit. I have everything working fine and it boots up okay, I get in-game, and all the plugins I have set to auto-load read that they have "loaded successfully," but they do not work. They just plain do not have any functionality. Timestamp repeatedly tells me that it has loaded successfully, and yet I have no timestamps...same issue with Tparty, Spellcast, and everything else. The files are in the windower folder, and they are where they should be...I have also tried loading it with everything disabled and manually //loading individual plugins with no success. Any help? :<  

Edit: Developmental Build did not work either. Could this work in VirtualBox maybe?

#2 Ascendant

Ascendant

• Members
      • Pip
      • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Ya I am having the same issue with most of the addons you listed and maybe a few others. also using windows 8.  And when I open the windower it loads with a bright yellow and white hud others I talk to say they have a dark green and white. again I think they are windows 7 and I am 8 so its different but makes it impossible to read.

#3 Logical

Logical

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:44 AM   Best Answer

After extensive searching of other similar sufferers, I corrected this problem entirely by disabling secure boot from BIOS. This seems to work, among others, with MSI laptops (based on other similar reports). 

Step-by-step: www.technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn481258.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 8, Plugins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users