Photo

Logger tripling every (original plus 2) most every line (not all)

loggertriple linesTOD missing

3 replies to this topic

#1 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 102 posts
    • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:18 AM

Hello,

I just needed to check the chat log created with my character and noticed two strange things:

1. There are two additional lines for most (not all) lines.  For example the === Area change lines are singles, but others are in triplet.
    2. The chat log has TOD on the screen, but what gets written to disk doesn't have the TOD.

I'm including a short copy of what I'm seeing.  (Just FYI:  I'm on mission 8-1 for Sandy and was updating wiki.ffxiclopedia.org)

Thanks,

I. B. Halliwell

There is no fee for teleporting to Home Point #1 in Northern San d'Oria.
    === Area: Northern San d'Oria ===
    Achantere, T.K. : Your rank points are full. We've added the excess to your conquest points.You do not need to donate any more crystals. Go to the gatehouse for further instructions.
    Grilau : Princess Claidie's coming-of-age ceremony is drawing near. This ceremony is an important facet of d'Oraguille tradition.
    Grilau : Princess Claidie's coming-of-age ceremony is drawing near. This ceremony is an important facet of d'Oraguille tradition.
    Grilau : Monarlais Halver has put out a call to high-ranking adventurers for their assistance in Chateau d'Oraguille.
    Grilau : Monarlais Halver has put out a call to high-ranking adventurers for their assistance in Chateau d'Oraguille.
    Grilau : Ah, the young princess has finally become a lady... Oh, I'm sorry. You can get the details of your next mission from Sir Halver.
    Grilau : Ah, the young princess has finally become a lady... Oh, I'm sorry. You can get the details of your next mission from Sir Halver.
    You accept the mission.
    {Ayame} Perhaps we are last, but we must always be looking forward.
    A home point can be set as a spot for you to return to Vana'diel when you have been knocked out. You can also use a home point to teleport to other home points.
    A home point can be set as a spot for you to return to Vana'diel when you have been knocked out. You can also use a home point to teleport to other home points.
    You may teleport from here to any other home point you have registered.
    There is no fee for teleporting to Home Point #2 in Northern San d'Oria.
    === Area: Chateau d'Oraguille ===
    Claidie : Dear Mother... My coming-of-age ceremony is drawing near. My brothers tell me that during the ceremony I will be informed of all the secrets of the d'Oraguille family.
    Claidie : Dear Mother... My coming-of-age ceremony is drawing near. My brothers tell me that during the ceremony I will be informed of all the secrets of the d'Oraguille family.
    Claidie : I have heard that the same tradition was carried out in Tavnazia. Mother, what secrets were revealed to you? Will I be able to handle the burden as you did?
    Claidie : I have heard that the same tradition was carried out in Tavnazia. Mother, what secrets were revealed to you? Will I be able to handle the burden as you did?
    Claidie : I beg of you, Mother. Watch over me in these trying times.
    Halver : Ibhalliwell, I assume an adventurer of your stature has heard the rumors of Princess Claidie's coming-of-age ceremony.
    Halver : Ibhalliwell, I assume an adventurer of your stature has heard the rumors of Princess Claidie's coming-of-age ceremony.
    Halver : This ceremony is a piece of d'Oraguille tradition and requires much preparation. This is where your assistance is necessary.
    Halver : This ceremony is a piece of d'Oraguille tradition and requires much preparation. This is where your assistance is necessary.
    Halver : Travel to the Fountain of Kings located within the Quicksand Caves, and bring back some drops of Amnio.
    Halver : Travel to the Fountain of Kings located within the Quicksand Caves, and bring back some drops of Amnio.
    Halver : The princess is always speaking of your deeds for the Kingdom. Everyone here is counting on you, Ibhalliwell.
    Halver : The princess is always speaking of your deeds for the Kingdom. Everyone here is counting on you, Ibhalliwell.

#2 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 102 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

Just wondering:  Is anyone else out there seeing this issue?   (Can you, please, check your logs and let us know?)

Thanks!

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 488 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:54 PM

Sorry for the late response. If I had to guess on this, I would say it's probably one of your other addons interfering with logger. If another addon that blocks and reinserts text from the log runs after Logger, it could cause this. Does the tripling still happen if you turn off all of your other addons? As for timestamps, edit windower/addons/logger/data/settings.xml and set AddTimestamp to true.

#4 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 102 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

Sorry for the late response. If I had to guess on this, I would say it's probably one of your other addons interfering with logger. If another addon that blocks and reinserts text from the log runs after Logger, it could cause this. Does the tripling still happen if you turn off all of your other addons? As for timestamps, edit windower/addons/logger/data/settings.xml and set AddTimestamp to true.

I'm actually reinstalling Windower and reconfiging it, as every time I play the "X" button like to double click, which is really bad lots of time (e.g. like in selling stuff to NPC, working with the AH, etc).

As for turning everything off, is there an easy way to turn everything off and remember what to turn back on, etc?  Just wondering if there is a tool to help with your suggestion.

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users