Photo

Chatmon Customization

Best Answer modena , 24 February 2016 - 10:35 PM

This is a fairly straightforward process utilizing autoexec and chatmon for those who may be interested in something like this. My intention for configuring this is merely for convenience sake for people who multi-box, eliminating the need to cycle through x instances of ffxi to find which character received a message or examination. This can also be used for those who merely want to customize their chatmon reactions with whatever they desire.

Firstly, if you intend to use a tts this was a decent option I discovered online.

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/

Convert the mp3(s) to .wav (allows multiple files and a zip of them at the end)

http://media.io/

Place the .wav files to a location you remember in order to 'call' on with chatmon. ie; c:\character1examined.wav

In autoexec, if you possess multiple characters you want to customize you will need to create individual profiles. Else you can simply see the chatmon command further down to personalize it for a single character. The other commands in this line are just to exemplify you can still do various actions when logging in aside from loading a bare xml profile.

AutoExec.xml. Change character1 to the name of your character

<register event="login_character1">ae load Character1.xml;wait 2;wincontrol move 50 50; wait 2;input /cm p;</register> 

Character1.xml. Place file inside of autoexec folder

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<autoexec>

<register event="examined_*">chatmon play c:\character1examined.wav;</register>
<register event="chat_tell_*_*">chatmon play c:\character1tell.wav;</register>

</autoexec>

Naturally, if you happen to frequently communicate with people via tell this might not be ideal for you. You can minimize the amount of time it would play as seen above to a single time or numerous times etc

I used the old guide to autoexec to format it for the purpose I was seeking. You may find different options that can assist you and add a little bit of convenience to your gaming experience

http://legacy.window...-documentation/

I imagine there might be easier ways to do this via lua and insertion into a gs file even but I had issues with getting sound files to play. I'm not an experienced coder and I simply scrapped this together from what I found online

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 modena

modena

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

Hello!

As a multibox user I sometimes get tells on different characters. Is there a way to possibly utilize Chatmon to make usage of specific sound files per character? ie;

Player1 receives a tell; play sound1.wav

Player2 receives a tell; play sound2.wav

My idea is to use a simple tts made with each character name so I can quickly identify which character received the tell without going through each window individually to determine who received it. If this is feasible by other means then any help or ideas as to how to go about it would be appreciated

Thank you

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:10 PM

To the best of my knowledge Chatmon doesn't support per-character settings. You can, however, get something similar to this by combining Chatmon with Autoexec. Or, alternatively, you can write a small custom Addon to do it if you're willing to learn a little bit of Lua.

#3 modena

modena

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 28 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

Ahh yes I'll try something out with lua over the next couple weeks and update here in the event anyone wants something similar. I was just hoping it would've been possible in Chatmon but no problem. Thank you still for the reply Iryoku! :D

#4 modena

modena

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:35 PM   Best Answer

This is a fairly straightforward process utilizing autoexec and chatmon for those who may be interested in something like this. My intention for configuring this is merely for convenience sake for people who multi-box, eliminating the need to cycle through x instances of ffxi to find which character received a message or examination. This can also be used for those who merely want to customize their chatmon reactions with whatever they desire.

Firstly, if you intend to use a tts this was a decent option I discovered online.

http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/

Convert the mp3(s) to .wav (allows multiple files and a zip of them at the end)

http://media.io/

Place the .wav files to a location you remember in order to 'call' on with chatmon. ie; c:\character1examined.wav

In autoexec, if you possess multiple characters you want to customize you will need to create individual profiles. Else you can simply see the chatmon command further down to personalize it for a single character. The other commands in this line are just to exemplify you can still do various actions when logging in aside from loading a bare xml profile.

AutoExec.xml. Change character1 to the name of your character

<register event="login_character1">ae load Character1.xml;wait 2;wincontrol move 50 50; wait 2;input /cm p;</register> 

Character1.xml. Place file inside of autoexec folder

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
            <autoexec>

<register event="examined_*">chatmon play c:\character1examined.wav;</register>
            <register event="chat_tell_*_*">chatmon play c:\character1tell.wav;</register>

</autoexec>

Naturally, if you happen to frequently communicate with people via tell this might not be ideal for you. You can minimize the amount of time it would play as seen above to a single time or numerous times etc

I used the old guide to autoexec to format it for the purpose I was seeking. You may find different options that can assist you and add a little bit of convenience to your gaming experience

http://legacy.window...-documentation/

I imagine there might be easier ways to do this via lua and insertion into a gs file even but I had issues with getting sound files to play. I'm not an experienced coder and I simply scrapped this together from what I found online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users