Photo

Timestamp no longer showing up in .log files

timestamp.log

Best Answer Arcon , 29 March 2015 - 06:30 PM

As a temporary fix you can enable time stamps in the settings file (Windower/addons/logger/data/settings.xml). We will fix it at some point to include time stamps again.

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixjasper

phoenixjasper

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:58 PM

Just this morning I noticed that my .log files from the individual characters were no longer including timestamp values.  I traced the change back to 1/15/15.  All days before that have the Timestamp included in the log.  All days after that, are missing the Timestamp.  On the 1/15 .log file, there is a single line of text that says:  UNLOAD.  I did not type this in there and the Timestamp Addon still shows as 'On.'  Also, the timestamp Addon is still working in game (I can see it during play).  It just does not show up in the .log files after the 15th.

Thanks so much for your time and hope there is a fix :)

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:30 PM   Best Answer

As a temporary fix you can enable time stamps in the settings file (Windower/addons/logger/data/settings.xml). We will fix it at some point to include time stamps again.

#3 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 102 posts
      • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hello,

It's not almost a year later and I'm wondering if this is still the case.

UPDATE / EDIT:  Thought:  Why not update the shipped settings.xml file to ship as TRUE, instead of having people both discover the issue and manually change it.

The issue with discovering the problem as I did (along with the triple entries) is I have LOTS of logs without TOD.  If I noticed it earlier they'd have the TOD.  (After all it is easier to remove the TOD in an existing file than it is to add the TOD (given the information no longer exists).)

Also what is format for the timestamp format?  I mean it looks like there is Hour, Minutes, and Seconds, but are they in 12 hour or 24 hours?  Can one add the date, too?  If so, what is the correct formatting?

Thanks! :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users