Photo

Logging In w/o POL

Best Answer Iryoku , 26 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

The ffxi-boot.exe you're talking about is used to log into private servers, you can't use it to log into the retail servers. What you're asking for is theoretically possible, and we get asked to implement it often, but it's not something we're planning to do any time soon. It would require a ton of work, since we would need to take over all of the duties PlayOnline provides, including updating FFXI, and would open up a huge can of worms, both legally and with regard to keeping user's login credentials secure. We're not prepared to dive into something like that.

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

#1 PaganElf

PaganElf

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:29 AM

Greetings, I love Windower..  just had to get that out of the way...

I ran in to a video that showed how to set it up so you don't have to log into POL each time..  however I ran into a issue..

I don't have a ffxi-boot.exe or ini  to copy to specified folder...  Is this because I purchased my collection on Steam..  I have searched my entire PC no ffxi-boot files.  It should also be known I use a SE Onetime Password for my account...

So is what I am trying possible?  or no..  of so any help would be greatly appreciated.

PE

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:43 AM   Best Answer

The ffxi-boot.exe you're talking about is used to log into private servers, you can't use it to log into the retail servers. What you're asking for is theoretically possible, and we get asked to implement it often, but it's not something we're planning to do any time soon. It would require a ton of work, since we would need to take over all of the duties PlayOnline provides, including updating FFXI, and would open up a huge can of worms, both legally and with regard to keeping user's login credentials secure. We're not prepared to dive into something like that.

#3 PaganElf

PaganElf

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for the info ..  keep up the great work..

PE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users