Photo

GearSwap and JP client

Best Answer Byrth , 01 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

The issue here is that you're mixing languages.

You need to put:

set_language('japanese')

inside the get_sets() function.

After that, you need to change all your equipment to the japanese names.

Then it should work, but specific parts of the gearswap file might not work if the code relies on spell.name or spell.skill being the english name. For instance, if the file creator used string.find(spell.name,'Tachi:') to identify Great Katana WSs, that would no longer work. Skimming over the document, I do not see any lines where this would be the case.

Go to the full post

14 replies to this topic

#1 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:08 AM

Hello, I have a working GearSwap file from a friend, all I did was replace gears with mine

It loads without error, however, when using JA and WS, the precast does not change equipment

Although changing status such as idle/engage/gear variable(pdt,acc,etc) does change equipment

I have had similar issue when using Spellcast in the past where some things do not work for me but work for them

My friend suggested I download NA version of the game, but I do not wish to

Perhaps someone would be able to help

Attached is a txt file of my .lua

Attached Files

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

We cannot fully help you until you provide the include files you use (including the include files they use).

Further I'd like an example of exactly which JA or WS you use (any concrete example will do). I think the issue is because the script uses a lot of english references and hard coded names, but I cannot be sure at this point.

Either way, you should not be switching clients because of this. Whether it's a bug with the file or a bug with GS, it's better to fix that than to change.

#3 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:04 AM

The only files I have for GearSwap would be the one I included above and the one I post below

(Sry I do not know what include file is, I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for)

I only know this one was for managing multiple characters, but I do not understand so I did not touch that one

WS I tried to use were Fudo and Shoha, and JA I tried were Meditate and Warding Circle

When you say provide include files that they use, I am assuming that perhaps I might be missing something they have, that makes it work properly?

Attached Files

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:24 AM

That was the file I was looking for, thanks. And no, you're not missing anything else.

Can you replace your entire precast function with this please and then try to use one of the JA/WS that isn't working and tell me what it prints in the console?

#5 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:57 PM

Ah, actually my friend asked me to do very similar procedure, I also just tried with your's copy paste

I should have specified that actually none JA/WS were working, as in it did not cause status update, gear changing

(For example, I am in TP gear while not engage, I try all JA, and script does not change gear to idle gear. **Engage/disengage will cause gear change properly)

Just the particular JA/WS I mentioned had gear changes from the script

But the result is no gear changes and it did not print anything into the console

(Also in another thread I mention that I recently reinstalled Windower and my launcher was not able to retrieve addons even upon several reinstall, I was able to download ones I wanted to use from Github and placed them into my addon folder. However, they still do not appear in the launcher list and I have no solution, could this be affect?)

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

I don't think they're related, although that's a weird issue.

So you pasted my code over the precast definition in your file and nothing prints to the console when you use a WS/JA that doesn't work? That is very strange, that should only happen if your code contains the precast function twice and the second one overwrites the first one, which I don't see in your code. Are you absolutely sure you didn't paste my function above somewhere before your function? The function I gave you should replace your function.

#7 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

Yes I copy paste replaced the whole function

Here is the changed version

Attached Files

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Are you sure you reloaded your GS file with these changes? It's literally impossible to not print anything into the console, since every exit point of the function has a print statement prepended. If you do something and it does not print anything, it means that the precast function is not called or that the file isn't loaded right. Did you check the Windower console, not the chatlog? When I say print, I mean to the Windower console.

#9 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 19 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:33 PM

Yes I reloaded Gearswap, used JA/WS, pressed insert(console button) and latest line is still: "GearSwap: Loaded your SAM Lua file!"

I also attempted to WS at out of range, and instead of cancel spell, TP was consumed

Using //gs showswaps confirmed no gear change when actions were performed

I was just finished Incursion event, and decided to try the coffer command provided in my script, it works to a certain extent opening once in a while, and it causes my console to print these two: midaction and Not equipping

#10 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

Make a new file with only this in it:

precast = print

Then load it and try to use a WS/JA, see if it prints something to the console.

#11 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 19 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Nothing was printed to the console

#12 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 1189 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Ok, then that's a problem in GearSwap... I'll let Byrth know about it.

#13 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 19 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:52 AM

Ok thank you for your time

#14 Byrth

Byrth

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 85 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:34 PM   Best Answer

The issue here is that you're mixing languages.

You need to put:

set_language('japanese')

inside the get_sets() function.

After that, you need to change all your equipment to the japanese names.

Then it should work, but specific parts of the gearswap file might not work if the code relies on spell.name or spell.skill being the english name. For instance, if the file creator used string.find(spell.name,'Tachi:') to identify Great Katana WSs, that would no longer work. Skimming over the document, I do not see any lines where this would be the case.

#15 Gravion

Gravion

• Members
                    • PipPip
                    • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Hello Byrth

Thank you for your help, I am really glad I took the time to ask about this question here

Your suggestion has fixed my issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users