Photo

Console word-wrap?

Best Answer tdk1069 , 29 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

worked perfectly - thanks ! can see the line error number, and the actual error message ! ta!

Go to the full post

3 replies to this topic

#1 tdk1069

tdk1069

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Howdy,

Just wondered if there is anyway to make the console text word-wrap, 90% of the time im dualboxing so have a smaller screen and error messages when im debugging stuff the error rolls off the end of screen due to smaller res. or even a way to log to file any errors ? 

Yes I have a bigger fullscreen profile, but it means logging out and in :) 

It's nothing major, its just a thought if there's already a way to do such a thing it'll save me logging out/in on a full screen profile just to see the line number ;) 

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

Word wrap isn't there and won't be added for Windower 4. However, there are two things you can do about error messages. One, you can turn on console logging by typing //console_log 1 (and you disable it with //console_log 0). Second, if you're looking at LuaCore errors specifically, you can go to Windower/plugins/settings/LuaCore.xml and change the values in that file. "ErrorNewLine" will cause errors to be split in two lines, and "CondenseError" will remove parts of the file path, making it easier to read.

#3 tdk1069

tdk1069

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks for the answer! wasn't the wordwrap needed persay, just a way to see - i'll try em out. it just saves me having to log out of default profile and goto my highres one for when not dualboxing.

Again. Thanks :) (as always)

#4 tdk1069

tdk1069

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 25 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:02 AM   Best Answer

worked perfectly - thanks ! can see the line error number, and the actual error message ! ta!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users