Photo

Help with XML/LUA

Best Answer Arcon , 21 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

The Lua files need to go in your Gearswap's data folder, not the Windower/scripts folder. The full path would be (e.g. for a WHM file):
W:/hatever/Windower/addons/GearSwap/data/Kiddyoshi_WHM.lua

Go to the full post

2 replies to this topic

#1 kiddyoshi

kiddyoshi

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Before i begin, if i posted this is the wrong section please forgive me :x

I'm a recently (today) returning playing to the game and i'm trying to update all my spellcast stuff for my jobs. I use Motenten's xmls, but recently he/she stopped updating them and started using lua. Now as much as i enjoy spellcast i believe its time for me to move on as well (plus i like how motenten has everything setup). The issue im currently having is that i have no idea how to get lua files to run. After some research i found out that its basically a script and should be saved in the script folder. After following the very vague instructions motenten has on his/her github, i still cannot get the gear swap to work when i use abilities in game. So i'm turning to you all for assistance.

Can someone please explain to me (as simply as possible for i am nowhere near being a programmer lol) how to get this to work. I know it would be simpler to just get a different spellcast but i prefer motenten's style as i mentioned earlier.

A link to Motenten's gearswap lua: https://github.com/K...s/GearSwap-Jobs

Thank you in advanced for all the help, cheers

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:51 PM   Best Answer

The Lua files need to go in your Gearswap's data folder, not the Windower/scripts folder. The full path would be (e.g. for a WHM file):
      W:/hatever/Windower/addons/GearSwap/data/Kiddyoshi_WHM.lua

#3 kiddyoshi

kiddyoshi

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:12 AM

thx for the help, i'll do that once i get a chance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users