Photo

Sandbox

Best Answer Arcon , 17 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Load it, that's it. It automatically creates folders inside the FFXI install (in the TEMP folder, where the actual logs are) and redirects all traffic through there.

Note that loading it with a running instance might fuck up all prior chatlog, so you won't be able to scroll back. It is autoload-friendly though, so if you load it at game start there shouldn't be an issue.

Go to the full post

9 replies to this topic

#1 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 88 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

How do you use it?  In XI-Util you had to create a new folder and it would install sandboxes in those directories, but there's no documentation for how to use it in Windower.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:42 PM   Best Answer

Load it, that's it. It automatically creates folders inside the FFXI install (in the TEMP folder, where the actual logs are) and redirects all traffic through there.

Note that loading it with a running instance might fuck up all prior chatlog, so you won't be able to scroll back. It is autoload-friendly though, so if you load it at game start there shouldn't be an issue.

#3 Shaorin

Shaorin

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 37 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

What do you need to do to load it? Every time I try to load it, whether auto load or not, the game crashes. I've tried with both 4.0 and 4.1 with only that plugin attempting to load. I'm also on Windows 8 x64.

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hm, I don't know why that would happen. Other plugins load fine? The Sandbox plugin does some hooking, so that might be different between Windows versions, aside from that I have no idea why.

You load it the same way you do other plugins, just type //load sandbox. It might help if you could provide a crash dump.

#5 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 39 posts
        • LocationJersey

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

I haven't had any luck with this either, it still crashes the chat logs when I log on with 2 characters, I have it auto loaded for both characters. The XI-Util one works fine but I would like to use the one for windower since XI-Util is no longer maintained from what I understand. I'll give it another shot tonight see if I can figure it out.

#6 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 39 posts
        • LocationJersey

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

Just tried it out again, I don't see anything in the TEMP folder in my FFXI installation that's being created? The chat logs are still crashing, any idea;s?

#7 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 39 posts
        • LocationJersey

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

With help on the #lua page got ir all figured out. XI-Util was causing my problems even though I didn't have it running.

1.) With game off, open XI-Util.

2.) Undo Sandbox.

3.) Delete Sandbox folders in XI-Util.

4.) Logon FFXI with Sandbox.dll in the auto load.

5.) Check your TEMP folder for the new folders.

6.) Reap the benefits.

#8 Shaorin

Shaorin

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 37 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Hm, I don't know why that would happen. Other plugins load fine? The Sandbox plugin does some hooking, so that might be different between Windows versions, aside from that I have no idea why.

You load it the same way you do other plugins, just type //load sandbox. It might help if you could provide a crash dump.

Correct I load it the same way as other plugins. Here's what I get in the event viewer when I attempt to load Sandbox. If you know of a better place to get the crash info please tell me where and I will try to get it.

Faulting application name: pol.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x4e3bcddc

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0d170000

Faulting process id: 0x154c

Faulting application start time: 0x01cebc86630de940

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 968ab66d-287b-11e3-bea8-74d02b97948b

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

#9 Kazander

Kazander

• Members
          • Pip
          • 2 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

moved to right area

#10 Inecroloot

Inecroloot

• Members
            • Pip
            • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Necro bump, sorry. Having this same issue. On a private server so could that be it? Not sure, imo shouldn't cause it's just a client-side plugin. crash.txt in Windower4\ doesn't display any crash log for today's date. 

With help on the #lua page got ir all figured out. XI-Util was causing my problems even though I didn't have it running.

1.) With game off, open XI-Util.

2.) Undo Sandbox.

3.) Delete Sandbox folders in XI-Util.

4.) Logon FFXI with Sandbox.dll in the auto load.

5.) Check your TEMP folder for the new folders.

6.) Reap the benefits.

Not even sure what he means here by XI-Util. Have tried to load sandbox manually and with autoloading it, still crashing even with 1 instance open. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users