8 replies to this topic

#1 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 88 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

This program has been broken for a long time.  I was able to manage with it for a while as Pricer, PlayerInfo and Sandbox were still working, but lately the Undo Sandboxing button has ceased to work.  This is a problem because I want to switch to the Windower sandbox addon instead and in future if FFXI does any updates then I need to unitialize the sandboxes.  I can't just delete the sandbox directory either because it seems that the sandboxes force POL to use the files that are in the sandbox directory so it ceases to work if they're not there.  Is there any way I can alter this so that I can run POL normally again?

Edit: I messed about with the registries to see if there was something there I could fix.  I noticed that the entries for InstallFolder showed 0001 as being D:\Sandbox\1 and 1000 as D:\Sandbox\2 and 2 new entries for XI-Util that had the full paths to POL and FFXI which were in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FFXIPAL\SquareEnix.  I reentered the paths back to 0001 and 1000 and deleted the 2 XI-Util entries, and so far it allowed POL to load up and let me log in.  So far so good, but when it came to logging into FFXI itself it threw up an error saying "Class not registered".  I got a feeling that I'm missing a registry entry but I've no idea what.  Any solutions?

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:44 PM

No idea about the problem, but I don't think XI-Util is being actively maintained anymore, as most of its functionality is now available within Windower itself.

#3 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Yeah, only reason I used it was for the plugins mentioned above which don't come with Windower.  Pricer was really nice to have around to see what junk was worth selling and what was worth vendoring.  I resorted to doing a full installation in the end, and I'm glad I did because now my gamepad is working in both POL and FFXI (I was having issues before with one or the other not recognizing it.)  Might keep XI-Util around just for Pricer since copying the dll to Windower plugins directory doesn't do anything. :P  Would be nice if Windower can have its own pricer plugin soon.

As for the registries it does seem that nothing has changed, so I don't know why FFXI was failing to load.  I thought that with XI-Util sandboxes they just created a copy of the files to another directory and had the registry entries redirect to the sandbox directories.  I must've missed something, maybe a config file that was pointing to the sandboxes... I dunno.

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

Unfortunately, we can't create a pricer plugin for Windower. At their request, we've agreed not to create any plugins that pull data from ffxiah.com.

#5 Achira

Achira

• Administrators
          • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

why don't you just load guildwork and use the /ffxiah command? 

#6 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 39 posts
            • LocationJersey

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

why don't you just load guildwork and use the /ffxiah command? 

It's not a free part of Guildwork is it?

#7 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts
            • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:19 AM

It's not a free part of Guildwork is it?

Correct, it isn't.

#8 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:57 PM

Unfortunately, we can't create a pricer plugin for Windower. At their request, we've agreed not to create any plugins that pull data from ffxiah.com.

Sucks. :(

#9 gilles

gilles

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 35 posts
              • LocationCerberus

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

i made one some months ago (tired of see it broken)

http://gilles.boulon.../ff/itemnew.rar (binaries are in bin/debug)

source included so you can compile this if you need, still unfinished (no save function implemented)

you just have to find out your server ID (go to ffxiah, select your server, lookout Site.sid value in page source code) : 23 is cerberus

based on a signature so i hope it will not broke

not tested on test server

this version is different from pricer, it will display prices for individual items AND stack AND bazars

updated for ffxi update on 08 nov 2013

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users