Photo

Hide or Ignore mobs and/or objects by ID or name.

2 replies to this topic

#1 modena

modena

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:52 AM

Hello!

Curious if there is a feasible means of using lua for what the thread title states: Hiding object(s) from appearing in-game or prevent it from being targetable based on its ID or name. If so could anyone kindly give a lead on how to go about this? I'm willing to learn and potentially 'pay it forward' for others in the future

The specific reasoning are the "natural formation" obstacles in SoA regions. Disabling auto-target slows progress and constantly having to repeatedly re-target a legitimate enemy is a bit tedious. There used to be an application called mob filter which has this function in addition to hiding player models if desired. This made for a wonderful experience in more crowded zones, especially if your connection sometimes has difficulties like mine. Unfortunately it's no longer in existence or operational lol

Thanks for your time and help

#2 Kenshi

Kenshi

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 334 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:06 PM

I'm not sure but I guess this could be possible with the npc update packet

#3 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 04 June 2015 - 01:30 AM

It is, you would need to adjust the packet so that the mob is considered invisible (there is one bit that determines its visibility, iirc, but not entirely sure). You would need to play around with that, I'm sure someone has done that before, that's how ASE worked as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users