Addons crashing since March 25 update

14 replies to this topic

#1 wolferine

wolferine

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

What is the easiest way to tell WHICH addon is crashing POL? I've confirmed that gearswap crashes on character load, but something else is causing crashes too and I've spent 3 hours trying to narrow down what's causing it. I'm missing something here. *scratches head*

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

For the record, GS isn't crashing POL, it's one of your GS user files, and it's likely a file that uses windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts. As for the other addon, run FFXI without any addons loaded, then load them one by one until it crashes.

#3 krilton

krilton

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

Not sure if this is totally related or not but i did a dynamis run after the update and i hadn't gotten in but maybe a minute and the game crashed. I thought at first it was just one of those random things that just happens. So i go and log back in and with in 30 sec, it crashes again. So i'm thinking oh great an area issue. I start the game without using windower and everything did just fine. So, my question being.... is it an addon thing or what? Haven't retried since exiting dynamis... will try again then post update.

P.S. using another computer to post this with the game still running.

#4 krilton

krilton

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:06 PM

well, in town and still fine. possible issue with pointwatch because the timer part?

#5 Elei

Elei

• Members
          • Pip
          • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

I unloaded all of the addon and the only ones that i crash  on are GS and TParty. But with GS it's been hit of miss. One of my guys will load and I can use GS just fine, but when I load it on another one it crashes. The odd thing is when i go to cast a spell the gear changes, but the spell doesn't cast. I haven't tried this out with WS yet becuase I've been trying to get logged in for the past 3 hours. So for now I have GS and TParty disabled until I read something different or it gets updated.

#6 wolferine

wolferine

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:08 PM

For the record, GS isn't crashing POL, it's one of your GS user files, and it's likely a file that uses windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts. As for the other addon, run FFXI without any addons loaded, then load them one by one until it crashes.

I don't see how that can be, considering that I load not one single addon or plugin save for gearswap and log in with a mule that has not one user file and it still crashes...

• Fuyuu likes this

#7 Elei

Elei

• Members
              • Pip
              • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

I unloaded all of the addon and the only ones that i crash  on are GS and TParty. But with GS it's been hit of miss. One of my guys will load and I can use GS just fine, but when I load it on another one it crashes. The odd thing is when i go to cast a spell the gear changes, but the spell doesn't cast. I haven't tried this out with WS yet becuase I've been trying to get logged in for the past 3 hours. So for now I have GS and TParty disabled until I read something different or it gets updated.

Update:

Although I have GS and TParty unloaded, I just tried to speak with the NPC Joachim and I crashed.

#8 Altnob

Altnob

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 37 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

GEARSWAP crashes POL when I use any /dnc ability on my THF/DNC. I don't crash if I unload gearswap

#9 wolferine

wolferine

• Members
                  • PipPip
                  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Update:

Although I have GS and TParty unloaded, I just tried to speak with the NPC Joachim and I crashed.

Yeah, I crashed one time talking to a gobbie. Turned off Enternity and it hasn't happened again yet. (The NPC that is)

#10 Fuyuu

Fuyuu

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 2 posts
                    • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

I've got the same issue with (maybe) GearSwap. Now, I dunno if it's LuaCore.dll or the addon itself, but the problem is clearly not from any of my GS user files (because I don't have any).

My game load just fine, but when I log in any of my character, the game crash as soon as the loading screen is done (it's still a black screen, I can't see the game at all). So yeah, it happen when the character is getting loaded.

Let me know if you need more details, I'll gladly send/post them. Until then, I don't mind playing old school style for a bit, haha. :P

PS: Thanks for your work and time guys, much appreciated!

#11 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 88 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Same issues as above.  Tried to Haste Samba as THF/DNC, crashed.  Tried Rudra's Storm as THF/DNC, crashed.  Turned off Gearswap, repeated those 2, no crash.

• Fuyuu likes this

#12 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                      • 1189 posts
                      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

Every known issue should be fixed. The crashes were all due to windower.ffxi.get_ability_recasts. If something is still crashing you try to identify it and post an issue please.

• Fuyuu likes this

#13 wickedpriest

wickedpriest

• Members
                      • PipPip
                      • 24 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:53 AM

subtarget macro makes the console say: 'Last sub target does not exist' & 'setting last sub to the recipient of the send command'. instead of working like before

#14 wolferine

wolferine

• Members
                        • PipPip
                        • 20 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:32 AM

Yep gearswap works now. FFXIDB still crashes on load though. "encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: access violation in Render method."

#15 Fuyuu

Fuyuu

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 2 posts
                          • LocationQuebec, Canada

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:50 AM

Thanks Arcon! You're the man! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users