Photo

GearSwap Not Loading

Best Answer Arcon , 24 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

You need to load it like an addon (which it is): //lua load GearSwap

Also, your THF.lua goes into Windower/addons/GearSwap/data/. You should never put anything in any addon folder other than data/ or you're risking overwriting it with the next addon update. Only the data/ folder will not be changed after updates, which is why all user files (for every addon) go there.

Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic

#1 WyldFyre

WyldFyre

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:58 PM

I have GearSwap enabled in Windower, and a THF.lua file pasted in /addons/GearSwap/libs & /addons/Gearswap/libs/rev1 but the plugin is not loading at all.  I've tried unloading the addon and it says the plugin is not loaded, and I've tried //load GearSwap and it says the file is not found.

Help, please.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:17 PM   Best Answer

You need to load it like an addon (which it is): //lua load GearSwap

Also, your THF.lua goes into Windower/addons/GearSwap/data/. You should never put anything in any addon folder other than data/ or you're risking overwriting it with the next addon update. Only the data/ folder will not be changed after updates, which is why all user files (for every addon) go there.

• WyldFyre likes this

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:48 PM

Your THF.lua should go in addons/Gearswap/data/. To load an addon (e.g. Gearswap) use //lua l gearswap. Setting an addon to autoload from the Windower launcher will do this automatically.

• WyldFyre likes this

#4 WyldFyre

WyldFyre

• Members
        • Pip
        • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:23 AM

ty guys, will make those changes.

Also, why isn't it loading automatically?  The other add-ons I enabled auto-load on login.

#5 WyldFyre

WyldFyre

• Members
          • Pip
          • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

Your THF.lua should go in addons/Gearswap/data/. To load an addon (e.g. Gearswap) use //lua l gearswap. Setting an addon to autoload from the Windower launcher will do this automatically.

That's just it, it isn't doing that.

I've had GearSwap enabled for months, but it has never actually loaded.  I've been lazy about looking into it because I haven't really needed it, but I'm getting to a point where GearSwap would be helpful.

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts
            • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:01 AM

Are you sure it's not loaded? How do you know? By default it doesn't do anything, so it's hard to tell, it only starts working if you have the right file for the job in the right place.

#7 WyldFyre

WyldFyre

• Members
            • Pip
            • 9 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

Are you sure it's not loaded? How do you know? By default it doesn't do anything, so it's hard to tell, it only starts working if you have the right file for the job in the right place.

Makes sense.  I'm just used to addons being listed in the console & GearSwap hasn't been.

Anywho, the add-on is showing now that I have a THF.lua in place, and I just need to get it tweaked.  Thanks much!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users