Photo

Windower crashing or freezing at random time and locations

Best Answer itman , 13 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Update

Been able to solve my crash/freeze problem by removing completely Bitdefender from my PC. Just wish there was a better way without leaving my PC unprotected

Special thanks to

Phoenik , Arcon and Iryoku for helping me solve this.

Go to the full post

6 replies to this topic

#1 itman

itman

• Members
    • Pip
    • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:26 PM

hi,

FF11 windower has been crashing and/or freezing at random times and locations;

1. Windower will get stuck on preloading program. Just before I even selecting "Default Profile" on windower and even sometimes after.

2. windower will get freeze on "connecting to lobby server" just before main FF11 title screen.

3. Game will freeze at random times in game.

This is a new computer and windower worked the first time I launched the windower program. But now it keeps crashing

I'm running booth POL and windower on admin

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 11 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

You don't need to run as admin, it will automatically do that. Does this happen without Windower? Does it happen with Windower, with no addons/plugins loaded? To do that, start Windower normally, but before it logs you into FFXI (while you're still inside POL) go to Windower/scripts/autoload/, open the autoload.txt file and delete everything from it and save the file (i.e. save a blank file), then start FFXI from POL.

• itman likes this

#3 itman

itman

• Members
      • Pip
      • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

You don't need to run as admin, it will automatically do that. Does this happen without Windower? Does it happen with Windower, with no addons/plugins loaded? To do that, start Windower normally, but before it logs you into FFXI (while you're still inside POL) go to Windower/scripts/autoload/, open the autoload.txt file and delete everything from it and save the file (i.e. save a blank file), then start FFXI from POL.

Thanks for replying Arcon. I can use all the help I can get

Update

FF 11 work with original loader.

Windower doesn't work even with all adds/plugins off.

Correction;

Windower program doesn't freeze or crash @ main title screen. It just seems to be stuck on "connecting to lobby server"

Also reading on another post that the problem is the program Bitdefender. Any thoughts on this?

#4 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

It is very likely BitDefender's fault, and if that's the case there's probably not much we can do about it; Windows gives anti-virus software a lot of power of your computer. You may be able to add exceptions to BitDefender for hook.dll, and/or pol.exe. If not you'll have to talk to them about it.

#5 itman

itman

• Members
          • Pip
          • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:04 PM   Best Answer

Update

Been able to solve my crash/freeze problem by removing completely Bitdefender from my PC. Just wish there was a better way without leaving my PC unprotected

Special thanks to

Phoenik , Arcon and Iryoku for helping me solve this.

#6 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 488 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

I would suggest trying another brand of anti-virus software. I personally use Comodo Internet Security.

#7 itman

itman

• Members
              • Pip
              • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

Update:

Been playing for days now with no problem and the issue was absolutely the anti virus Bitdefender. I have been talking to Bitdefender support and have found an alternative to completely removing the anti virus.

I'll be using my Bitdefender total security 2015 as reference

Turn off firewall and anti virus "on-access scanning" and "active virus control" using protect icon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users