Photo

FindAll : Repeated item instances (Question/Request)

FindAll

3 replies to this topic

#1 Humetaru

Humetaru

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

Hi, I want to ask if there is a way to do a search that shows only items that appear multiple times in different bags and excludes those that don't. Say I have many items that for one reason or another are scattered across many characters/bags, could I do a custom search that showed those unspecified items that repeated without showing those that don't?

In a fashion similar to this:

//findAll multiple

findAll: ItemA (4 instances)

findAll: CharA/sack ItemA (12)

findAll: CharA/sack ItemA (5)

findAll: CharA/inventory ItemA (3)

findAll: CharB/sack ItemA (6)

findAll: ItemB (3 instances)

findAll: CharA/sack ItemB

findAll: CharC/storage ItemB (2)

findAll: CharD/safe ItemB

findAll: ItemC (2 instances)

findAll: CharA/inventory ItemC (10)

findAll: CharD/safe ItemC (4)

Etc.

And if there isn't could it be implemented? It would save so much time when consolidating Inventory.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Shouldn't be too hard to add but it would really be better as a separate addon. In fact, I believe I saw something like that written before somewhere. There is a MHCleaner addon, but I have no idea what it does, might be worth checking out.

• Humetaru likes this

#3 Humetaru

Humetaru

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

I couldn't find it, but it would be great if something like this exists already.

#4 darsovit

darsovit

• Members
        • Pip
        • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hello Humetaru,

I made the following lua script that uses findAll's storage.json (and currently places the output in the same directory). It uses the storage.json and flips the data around a bit, to become a table of items to users, then to their storages (so it'll identify if the data is stored in a character's mog safe and also some in the satchel, etc..

http://pastebin.com/fa7eD3ye

Depending on where you drop the script file, you may need to adjust the line to change the number of ../ put in front of the filenames:

1. local relative_depth_to_addons_findAll = '../../..'
          If the relative_depth_to_addons_findAll is wrong, you'll see an error message in chat log saying Unable to find storages path

I had the script in windower4/scripts/lua, then ran (from the windower console in game):
          lua exec lua/items_to_chars_builder.json

If you drop it directly into windower4/scripts instead, you'll have to adjust the relative_depth_to_addons_findAll = '../..' and then use: lua exec items_to_chars_builder.json

The script was thrown together quickly based on a python script (that I then realized I couldn't easily get the item names with), so it might have some extra stuff in it. Also it doesn't just find multiples, but everything right now. I have a couple of adjustments I'd like to make, but it should get the job done. :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FindAll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users