Photo

Aww man.. full forum refresh? Restore stickies at least?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
    • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:03 AM

I hate forum refreshes.. having to re-register usernames etc. What sucks about that is, now our "Join Date" will be off too >.<

Suggestion about that tho, did you use the old forums to send everyone an email to let them know about this? If so maybe I didnt catch it. >.<

Ok that being said, there are a few key threads from old forums that if able, could be moved over? Things in the dat mod forum could be handy for example. Since that forum was about FFXI mods itself that didnt have to do with windower. Would be nice to get those back here at least.

Oh well.. one ok thing about the forum refresh at least.. switched back to my normal nick vs using Mystaria as my nick here heh.

• RedKat likes this

sig.jpg
      Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
      ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

No one likes resets, but we needed to do this to unify our account system. We'll sticky topics as they get re-posted of course, but there is so much information on the old forums that is no longer relevant, that even the stickies are a mine field.

On the bright side, the new unified account system means that you should never need to re-register again.
        • ikaritensi likes this

#3 lanae4

lanae4

• Members
        • PipPip
        • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

I agree this is pretty annoying. Can someone post the Spellcast Instructions again please?

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
          • 1189 posts
          • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

I agree this is pretty annoying. Can someone post the Spellcast Instructions again please?

You could :)

The old forums are not gone either. You can access them under http://legacy.windower.net/.
          • RedKat likes this

#5 RedKat

RedKat

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts
          • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:00 PM

You could :)

The old forums are not gone either. You can access them under http://legacy.windower.net/.

Thank god for small miracles! lol  :P  My PC picked one hell of a time to die, and me to lose everything! Fingers crossed I can salvage a couple of mage .xml files, (especially a Rdm one) so I don't have to start over completely from scratch! :wub:

...also need to remember how to rewrite the ChatMon.xml for my own sounds... Damnit, my "To Do" list keeps getting longer instead of shorter! :blink:

=^.^=

#6 MIGhunter

MIGhunter

• Moderators
          • 24 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

The links on the wiki for usersubmitted and the how to aren't really there.  Not sure if it's an oversight.

#7 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
            • 111 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Well Iryoku, I got started on the dat mods section for reposting, but I am not "claiming" the threads, but least just trying to work on the main ones we know are needed heh. If you need another mod or so, let me know, usually work with this kinda stuff anyways. =)

• Xeye likes this

sig.jpg
              Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
              ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

#8 lanae4

lanae4

• Members
              • PipPip
              • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Thank god for small miracles! lol  :P  My PC picked one hell of a time to die, and me to lose everything! Fingers crossed I can salvage a couple of mage .xml files, (especially a Rdm one) so I don't have to start over completely from scratch! :wub:

...also need to remember how to rewrite the ChatMon.xml for my own sounds... Damnit, my "To Do" list keeps getting longer instead of shorter! :blink:

=^.^=

Thank you so much! I'm new to this and I had no idea the old forums were saved. I found the old spellcast guide and will repost it.

#9 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 1189 posts
                • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

Do not repost it in this forum please. It's meant to be a forum, not a guide selection or API documentation.

For guides we have http://library.windower.net/, although it's not fully functional yet, but that's where guides will be able to be uploaded to.

For this, however, a wiki entry would be more appropriate. If you want to contribute, check out this link please and add any information from that guide that's missing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users