SubTarget question

5 replies to this topic

#1 AbsoluteXzeroX

AbsoluteXzeroX

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 08:59 PM

One of the current downsides to the SubTarget addon is the inability to use this on npcs. This would be very useful for having an alt sleep adds, etc. After looking through the APIs I haven't seen anyway to target a mob by ID or even change to next target. Am I missing it somewhere, or is this not available? 

Thanks.

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

For the time being we do not expose a way to programmatically set your target. This is primarily because such a function is very likely to be abused for botting purposes, which is something we try to discourage. However, we've been considering backing off on this stance for a few reasons. Primarily, because other methods of setting the target have been discovered which can be performed today with the addon API unchanged, so we might as well provide the "correct" way to do it.

#3 sebyg666

sebyg666

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:14 AM

u can use a macro like this from your main to your alt,

/con send "alt name" /assist "main toons name"

then in a sperate macro use 

/con send  "alt name" /ma sleepga <t>

or the likes, its what i use to be able to target my current target on my alt so i can debuff etc. obviously u cannot target a different mob with this unless u change what you are targettin on your main. hope this helps for now.

#4 Kriminal

Kriminal

• Members
          • Pip
          • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:00 AM

I was just wondering if this topic is still being considered.  I've written a couple of very simple lua scripts for my alt, mostly to keep buffs up on my main.  I also had stuff that would do enfeebles using the method described by sebyg666, but it's slow and can be kind of hit and miss.  Dual-boxing allows me to enjoy the game on my own schedule without relying on others for everything.  If it weren't for dual-boxing, I doubt I would even play anymore.  Adding the ability to target and switch targets would enhance my ability to dual box.  I understand the concern with botting, but really, people who would do that are already doing it.  Regardless, thanks for all the work you've done in making the game more enjoyable

#5 wickedpriest

wickedpriest

• Members
            • PipPip
            • 24 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:19 AM

I would like to also give my support to Kriminal and show my support for a 'need' from the community for this feature if possible

#6 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 488 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

Please open a feature request on our issue tracker for this. We tend to forget about things posted here (which is exactly what happened in this case).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users