Photo

Crash on zone

18 replies to this topic

#1 MIGhunter

MIGhunter

• Moderators
    • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

I've been recently having issues when I zone.  Any idea what would cause it?  i.e. I used a warp scroll and as soon as I hit jeuno, I crashed.  

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:01 PM

According to various reports it might be InfoBar. Are you using that? If so, have a crash dump from it?

#3 JPlay

JPlay

• Members
      • Pip
      • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Having the same issue, here's my dump:

Problem signature:
          Problem Event Name:    BEX
          Application Name:    pol.exe
          Application Version:    1.18.13.0
          Application Timestamp:    4e3bcddc
          Fault Module Name:    Hook.dll
          Fault Module Version:    4.0.0.35
          Fault Module Timestamp:    51abe963
          Exception Offset:    0010be6f
          Exception Code:    c0000417
          Exception Data:    00000000
          OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
          Locale ID:    1033
          Additional Information 1:    9233
          Additional Information 2:    92336950bb38b4277bcb222d41b5f1ea
          Additional Information 3:    3126
          Additional Information 4:    3126ce0182f20f309ef714b3ffeeb237

Read our privacy statement online:
          http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
          C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

#4 JPlay

JPlay

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:43 AM

Unloaded Timestamp and got this one the next time I zoned into Jueno (only place it really happens)

Problem signature:
            Problem Event Name:    BEX
            Application Name:    pol.exe
            Application Version:    1.18.13.0
            Application Timestamp:    4e3bcddc
            Fault Module Name:    Hook.dll
            Fault Module Version:    4.0.0.35
            Fault Module Timestamp:    51abe963
            Exception Offset:    0010be6f
            Exception Code:    c0000417
            Exception Data:    00000000
            OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
            Locale ID:    1033
            Additional Information 1:    9233
            Additional Information 2:    92336950bb38b4277bcb222d41b5f1ea
            Additional Information 3:    3126
            Additional Information 4:    3126ce0182f20f309ef714b3ffeeb237

Read our privacy statement online:
            http://go.microsoft....88&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
            C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

#5 MIGhunter

MIGhunter

• Moderators
          • 24 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

Unloaded Timestamp and got this one the next time I zoned into Jueno (only place it really happens)

Same, every time I zone back to Port jeuno

#6 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

This is not a crash dump, it doesn't really tell us anything. A crash dump is a several hundred megabyte big file. A so-called minidump is usually much smaller, with some debugging information, but if it's at all possible, you should try to make a full dump, zip it up (they compress nicely, usually to a few dozen MB) and upload it somewhere. Follow the instructions here, especially this part.

#7 spider323

spider323

• Members
            • Pip
            • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

I been having the same issue a lot too. Is it the infobar that's doing this? I freeze/crash when zoning now. It also happens when I try and relogin as my mule a lot. Basically  POL quits working.

#8 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 39 posts
              • LocationJersey

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:14 AM

I can almost guarantee it's Infobar. I read the post that Infobar was updated so I enabled it crashed a few times after zoning, disabled Infobar and never crashed again.

#9 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
              • 1189 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

That's some very useful info, I now have an idea what could be the problem. I'll try to look into it later today.

#10 Slax

Slax

• Members
              • Pip
              • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Arcon, sorry about my earlier post the other day. I was trying to edit it, and it didn't work out for me. Anyway, I have done some further troubleshooting and it is not just infobar. I have a few suspect lines of code in the resources and I also think that something with Spellcast is causing video driver related crashes on AMD based nVidia systems. Luckily, I run the game from different computers at different times, so I have that advantage. This my not be the place to ask, but can you direct me as to which way I would look to apply for a spot on the Windower development team? I been using it for years, and am heavily vested in certain plugins working correctly. I am willing to donate some time to help debug, and perhaps write some plugins. I have a few in mind that I know I would sure love to have available. 

#11 latravant

latravant

• Members
                • PipPip
                • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

i'm also having crash issues but only on one of my accounts. both accounts use the same plugins, i disabled infobar a while back. i have a question for others having this problem? are you using cureplease when it happens? my character that crashes is my healer account and i notice that cureplease tries to use divine seal or convert or other abilties as soon as i zone. so thinking it may be that, at least for me. 

#12 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                  • 1189 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Trying to use abilities/spells while zoning will always crash you, even without Windower. It's just really hard to do without it, or with other tools like whatever cureplease is.

#13 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 39 posts
                  • LocationJersey

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

i'm also having crash issues but only on one of my accounts. both accounts use the same plugins, i disabled infobar a while back. i have a question for others having this problem? are you using cureplease when it happens? my character that crashes is my healer account and i notice that cureplease tries to use divine seal or convert or other abilties as soon as i zone. so thinking it may be that, at least for me. 

CurePlease will crash you on a zone I always exit out of the app when zoning, just save the profile so you don't have to reload anything.

#14 spider323

spider323

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

Sorry been away this past week got hospitalized. I use infobar on my 2 accounts. was exping crashes on both for awhile but now seems to be more on my main character. My setup is desktop and a laptop as I don't like to share monitors. Both machines windows 7 64bit. I don' really crash entering port jueno as much as I was now but every time I zone into gusgen mines with my main I crash. I was having the same issue with my 2nd account for awhile but it seems to have sorted itself out. and I don't use the CurePlease app.

The crash always happens with a white text box that states POL has quit working.

Also I still have problems with the game freezing while the hook tries to attach itself too the game. You know when Logging in on that blue screen where the windower attaches and looks for updates. The last line should always read something like the paste clipboard but a lot of times it freezes during the process and stops before the final Paste clipboard text and the only way to shut it down is with the task manager. which is another big reason I don't dual box on the same pc  anymore.  But I've had this issue every since windower 4 was released. I know someone has probably posted something similar somewhere but I be darned if I can find it.

#15 Tiger

Tiger

• Members
                    • Pip
                    • 8 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

I have this problem often as well as when I log in to mules.  If it is InfoBar that is causing it, can we expect a fix?  I kinda like Infobar.

#16 Slax

Slax

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

OK I have done some sifting through the client side code and I can say with 100% certainty that in my case, the crashes have nothing at all to do with Infobar. I'm running Windower 4 with Windows 7 Ultimate x64, and I also run a couple of other apps, namely FFXI Switch Monitor and MyProject. However, with MyPro off, Switch not running and Infobar disabled, I still encounter the crash issue. I am running two instances on two separate monitors from the same machine. The crash is 100% guaranteed if I zone both characters too close together. This is something that, on my system, can be reproduced every single time. However, in addition to that I sometimes get random crashes for no apparent reason, even while standing idle in a town. In these cases it could be my main or mule, seems random. However, in the case of the zone crash, only the last one to zone crashes. In all cases, only one of them crashes at a time. These symptoms are present with or without my other apps, with or without infobar, and with or without autoexec. HOWEVER: the zone crash does NOT occur if spellcast is disabled on the character that I am trying to crash. My opinion is that it is something with spellcast, which many other plugins rely on and/or communicate with. I also notice that sometimes my autoexec just stops, and does not respond until reloaded, on my mule. 

#17 Cptbirdseye

Cptbirdseye

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 88 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

Since turning off InfoBar have had less issues with crashes, but there's still random crashes now and then.  Like you said Slax it could be Spellcast, it's known for crashing FFXI when switching characters.

#18 Guym

Guym

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have this same issue.  I disabled Inforbar and still have the same problem.  90% of the time that I use teleport or recall I crash the char that used the spell.  (Using 2-3 chars).

Very repeatable, I just need some direction into how to do this crash data dump if you need.

#19 Achira

Achira

• Administrators
                            • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Here are some reasons I used to crash:

1. My spellcasts are written to call sets by the built in variable names, and I needed to add in the following line to prevent myself from trying to change gear while zoning:

<if spell="Teleport*|Recall*|Retrace*|Escape|Warp*">
                                 <return />
                               </if>

2. I didn't have plugin_manager set up correctly. I only put the bare minimum into the global tag, and added in all of the addons and plugins that I wanted to use under my main character's name only.

3. The last major update (not the one that fixed weapon skill levels etc, the one before that) really gave me problems with infobar. I simply discontinued use for the time being.

At the moment, I believe there is some sort of conflict with Binder and/or Timers - I consistently crash when using SCH job abilities if these are active. Currently I unload both of these before doing a group event.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users