Photo

IME please

Best Answer Iryoku , 18 September 2014 - 12:51 AM

Search should be working, but "IME" is below the current MySQL minimum word length. I believe only Aureus and Arcon can change this setting.

As for why the IME may not be working, the most likely reason is that your system locale is not set to Japanese. As FFXI is not unicode-aware, the OS converts the candidate strings into your current system codepage (most likely CP1252, which doesn't support any Japanese characters) before handing them to FFXI, so everything shows up as "?". Setting the System locale to Japanese fixes this, but it causes file paths to display using ¥ instead of \, as well as a slew of less noticeable issues.

If that's not the problem you're experiencing, then you'll need to explain the problem more precisely.

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayosama

Rayosama

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hi, the Japanese IME is not working on Windows 7.

Any help would help.

everything was fine when I was using Windows XP.

any explanations would help.

I tried to search the forums but the search function

seems to be broken atm...

any help would help.

Thank you.

any reply on this thread please same problem

#2 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 488 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:51 AM   Best Answer

Search should be working, but "IME" is below the current MySQL minimum word length. I believe only Aureus and Arcon can change this setting.

As for why the IME may not be working, the most likely reason is that your system locale is not set to Japanese. As FFXI is not unicode-aware, the OS converts the candidate strings into your current system codepage (most likely CP1252, which doesn't support any Japanese characters) before handing them to FFXI, so everything shows up as "?". Setting the System locale to Japanese fixes this, but it causes file paths to display using ¥ instead of \, as well as a slew of less noticeable issues.

If that's not the problem you're experiencing, then you'll need to explain the problem more precisely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users