• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 39 posts
    • LocationJersey

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    [ 4.0.4890.17383 ] 2013-08-19 19:11:55.9827109 UTC
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The directory name is invalid
       at #=qdJDer2Fvty0Bvl1Ni7j8TbxeLgLklgq0ixO6_eZCmaQ=.#=q0ETVMH0JFffrZEPsp6O_2w==(String #=qkOw3mZMlMVPchBEg1MZdIA==, #=qYzqXXolfMeNdmdT7O3HWz0pf2qnDaZ00LzAE6gKJfwA= #=q6Mn$eMsC3PXFc8Ox1bM2hQ==, TimeSpan #=qPQByBsSdcnq6YTNyzqpptg==)
       at #=qdJDer2Fvty0Bvl1Ni7j8TbxeLgLklgq0ixO6_eZCmaQ=.#=qYTCFKCdQAKAX3xHQxzO4VA==(String #=q9N4yUZ1ymcv8HrIdlB39Sg==, #=qYzqXXolfMeNdmdT7O3HWz0pf2qnDaZ00LzAE6gKJfwA= #=qrNpnMEkZScehrmtS1BfqqQ==)
       at #=qNOHDHz9hm9sgKhplLSW1vD9tIz1qDgKkBUjd4z$uXxg=.#=q5Ou66kB59q4UqjCTyoS5yQ==()
       at #=qGJkuNjOEBU3Eh7Qb62GuvJkyJwR1MKvZS_Z7hIKVy04=.#=q_RFEvs3lOd579pudnarpuw==(#=qFYidEfM4VrEH5OZ_mBn1Ug== #=q1vFrI78K3ZwZ4X5V5sflvQ==)
       at #=qFYidEfM4VrEH5OZ_mBn1Ug==.#=qy$XIwBXQ3gy3Ve$ETobyHw==()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
    `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Just started today windower crashes right after the initial profile screen.

#2 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 39 posts
    • LocationJersey

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Can't open FFXI no matter what I do...

If I try to open it via the POL.exe I get an error  "PlayOnline Viewer installation cannot write to specified destination folder. Please check your access privileges."

This all started after I crashed logging out of FFXI and had to reboot. Task Manager wouldn't even close the program.

Any help is greatly appreciated.. can't even get into game now.

Windows Vista and yes I have UAC dsabled and am running everything as Admin.

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
    • 488 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

This doesn't sound like a Windower problem; both Windower and PlayOnline Viewer are complaining about files being invalid or inaccessible. You said you had to reboot because you couldn't kill the process with Task Manager, does that mean you did a hard reboot by holding down the power button? My only guess is that the ACLs have been trashed leaving files inaccessable.

#4 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 39 posts
      • LocationJersey

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

I didn't have to do a hard reboot it let me shutdown. But the task manager wouldn't kill windower after log out crash. I'm trying a clean uninstall/reinstall of the POL atm any suggestions if that don't work?

#5 d3vious

d3vious

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 39 posts
      • LocationJersey

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:50 PM

Ok did a full clean install of POL and it launches now... but it tells me now that FFXI isn't installed. Yet it is still installed, any idea's? Or am I going to have to do a clean install of FFXI also?

#6 MIGhunter

MIGhunter

• Moderators
      • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:24 AM

You'll have to reload windower if you didn't.  It's looking for an install that you deleted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users