Photo

Not connected to network

Best Answer Klavier , 14 July 2014 - 11:02 PM

Was able to get it to work again after uninstalling then reinstalling Playonline viewer, but I loaded it up again today and back to the same issue.

**Edit: Figured out the issue - for whatever reason if I'm connected to trillian (could be a plugin with trillian) before I login to POL, it will not be able to connect. Simple solution is to exit out of trillian completely before loading up Windower then just logging back into trillian afterwards. To anybody that does use trillian and has the issue occur, hope this helps you.

Go to the full post

1 reply to this topic

#1 Klavier

Klavier

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

So I'm coming back to the game after being gone a year and I let Windower4 update all the plugins and everything and kept the same settings I've had previously but when I try to login to POL it gives the error "Not connected to network. Please exit PlayOnline viewer and reconnect." It used to work just fine with no issues at all the last time I played but it seems something that has been updated is causing it to not be able to connect.

I first tried to disable firewall/antivirus and run as admin, since that is usually the simplest solution but it did not help at all. Next, I completely uninstalled Windower4 and reinstalled it again with everything defaulted but yielded the same error each time. I then decided to disable everything in the addons/plugins and run with windowed/full-screen but none of the combinations seemed to have worked.

Running the game through the vanilla launcher causes no issues and my network is up and running just fine. Unless I'm missing something really simple, I have the slightest clue what could be causing this.

Attached File  notconnected.png   138.55K   6 downloads

#2 Klavier

Klavier

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:02 PM   Best Answer

Was able to get it to work again after uninstalling then reinstalling Playonline viewer, but I loaded it up again today and back to the same issue.

**Edit: Figured out the issue - for whatever reason if I'm connected to trillian (could be a plugin with trillian) before I login to POL, it will not be able to connect. Simple solution is to exit out of trillian completely before loading up Windower then just logging back into trillian afterwards. To anybody that does use trillian and has the issue occur, hope this helps you.

Edited by Klavier, 14 July 2014 - 11:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users