Photo

XML Error: Missing root element not allowed.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Juilan

Juilan

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:38 AM

First time I've seen a need to post since the new set up. Windower four has been running nicely until recently. When I sign into my main I am getting multiple errors saying "XML Error: Missing root element not allowed." It shows up my my main account but not my alts. On my main it shows up 3 times then freezes and closes. The only reporting I find is : 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
      [ 4.2.5263.39744 ] 2014-06-26 21:23:57.9711315 UTC
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\updates\temp\'.
         at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
         at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
         at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler)
         at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
         at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles()
         at #=q9IjRYGT3NPqebOT04qCrYrOOAhxMEbiC4p_lulxERa4=.#=qFhkARVwo63XnJOvov1tuRg==()
         at #=qA7ULmKQ1NkNri0tVv2_$iOLfUBlvnXGj9NIlOwUnvto=.#=qp8uVWgf7iK9IKuePZzMMgQ==()
         at #=qWtUTXs5CROrVr$gAe29IwnwbD0OBksGIvvOmtPQj1oE=.#=qYCULPBOmZZkc6DsqWnsYUg==(#=qpt2QbAbflNBm5BQEZHZuaA== #=qREm6WYizWh3DksehpW9V9Q==)
         at #=qpt2QbAbflNBm5BQEZHZuaA==.#=q92tj$KVJjiPbudZJFGGnWw==()
         at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
         at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      `````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Not sure where to look to resolve this, I have unloaded any plugin that requires xml and it still does it.

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

That crash.log file is unrelated to your error (if you look at the date, it's several days old). The error you're getting is definitely due to an addon you're using. You'll have to figure out which one it is, then we can examine it. You should disable all addons and then try to load them one by one until you find the error.

#3 Juilan

Juilan

• Members
      • Pip
      • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue, but it is taking a really long time to from launch to getting to the addon loading screen... I really hope the drive isn't failing lol.

No addons Window closes on game on primary, not mule or alt accounts (which work with all the addons and plugins on). 

Strange the same character is showing the same behavior without Windower... Guess it might be time for a full reinstall again since he's closing out in Moghouse and whitegate... though the alt is in the same zone the main is without an issue... The addon showing the error appears to be battle mod.

#4 Juilan

Juilan

• Members
        • Pip
        • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 10:32 PM

Hard drive isnt booting... that my have been the problem... luckily I can recover any issues x.x

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users