Photo

GearSwap: Unable to recognize *some* augmented gear?

Best Answer Byrth , 26 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

I have been getting reports about the augment system being inconsistent for some time now, so I totally remade it in an external library.Now you need to write the augment exactly as it appears in game. If you are having trouble figuring it out, put on the gear and use //gs export. That will generate a lua file in the export directory that contains the right augment table. Use that table and if it does not work then please post again. Go to the full post

7 replies to this topic

#1 Jarius86

Jarius86

• Members
    • Pip
    • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:52 PM

I posted this as a reply to another thread, but I don't think it got seen, so I'm reposting it as its own thread.

After the last two FFXI updates, Gearswap hasn't recognized my augmented Otronif Boots correctly, even though I haven't changed my lua file any. Strangely, it recognizes all my other augmented gear fine.

I have this line in my get_sets function (yes, this is the only augment they have):

PDT_Otronif_Boots = { name = "Otronif Boots", augments = { "Physical Damage Taken -1%" } }

And in my engaged set I have:

feet = PDT_Otronif_Boots 

And my idle set contains movement speed boots, so the Otronif Boots are only on when I'm engaged. When I engage or use any ability while engaged, however, I get this error in the console:

GearSwap: Lua error (runtime) - ... (x86)/Windower4//addons/GearSwap/parse_augments.lua:573: bad argument #1 to 'char' (invalid value)

And my engaged set never gets swapped into. When I use a spell or ability, I swap into the precast/midcast gear, but I end up staying in it.

Setting it to feet = "Otronif Boots" in my engaged gearset works fine, but I have two sets of boots I want to distinguish between.

I also tried this in the engaged gearset itself:

feet = { name = "Otronif Boots", augments = { "Physical Damage Taken -1%" } } 

But that didn't work either.

With the April update, after cycling through all these options I somehow unexpectedly managed to get it to work, but no dice this time.

Until I can get this issue resolved I've just changed it to feet = "Otronif Boots" in my engaged set, and for a while it worked just fine until I suddenly started getting the same error in the console again in the middle of a fight. I looked over my lua again and realized I had the "feet = PDT_Otronif_Boots" line in two other gearsets. Thing is, I had swapped into both of these gearsets multiple times before Gearswap suddenly decided to take offense at them in the middle of the fight.

Due to the issue's unpredictable nature I thought something might be corrupted, so I completely uninstalled Windower and deleted all plugin/addon files except for the ones I had modified myself, such as settings files, and reinstalled everything, but I'm still having the problem.

Any ideas?

EDIT: On reflection I remember having similar problems with Spellcast a while back. I don't remember exactly what the problem was, or if it even involved the Otronif Boots or was even for the same job, but I remember that my eventual conclusion was that somehow Notepad++ had gotten corrupted, and had in turn corrupted my XMLs. No idea any more if that was the correct conclusion, but I ended up uninstalling Notepad++ and installing the newest version, then opening all my XMLs in Windows' Notepad, copying all the text, and pasting it into new XML files.  My memory of whether that resolved the issue is hazy, but I know I switched to Gearswap not long after this happened.

Here's hoping that helps you figure out what's going on.

#2 Byrth

Byrth

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 85 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:22 PM   Best Answer

I have been getting reports about the augment system being inconsistent for some time now, so I totally remade it in an external library.Now you need to write the augment exactly as it appears in game. If you are having trouble figuring it out, put on the gear and use //gs export. That will generate a lua file in the export directory that contains the right augment table. Use that table and if it does not work then please post again.

#3 Jarius86

Jarius86

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:58 PM

That did the trick! Thanks.

You guys do good work here, keep it up!

#4 Gukai

Gukai

Advanced Member

• Members
          • PipPipPip
          • 95 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

I have been getting reports about the augment system being inconsistent for some time now, so I totally remade it in an external library.Now you need to write the augment exactly as it appears in game. If you are having trouble figuring it out, put on the gear and use //gs export. That will generate a lua file in the export directory that contains the right augment table. Use that table and if it does not work then please post again.

Hi, hopefully this gets seen, I know its an old thread

So i did the //gs export and i get code that looks like this:

feet={ name="Helios Boots", augments={'Pet: Accuracy+29 Pet: Rng. Acc.+29','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4',}},

I am trying to define some sets like this:

function get_sets()
            Helios_head_mab = {name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','"Blood Boon"+7','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}
            Helios_head_phy = {name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: Attack+26 Pet: Rng.Atk.+26','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+7',}}
            Helios_body_mab = {name='Helios Jacket', augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','"Blood Boon"+6','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}
            Helios_body_phy = {name='Helios Jacket', augments={'Pet: Attack+29 Pet: Rng.Atk.+29','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Blood Pact Dmg.+4',}}
            Helios_hands_mab = {name='Helios Gloves', augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','"Blood Boon"+7','Blood Pact Dmg.+5',}}
            Helios_hands_phy = {name='Helios Gloves', augments={'Pet: Attack+24 Pet: Rng.Atk.+24','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','Summoning magic skill +1',}}
            Helios_legs_mab = {name='Helios Spats', augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+28','"Blood Boon"+7','Blood Pact Dmg.+4',}}
            Helios_legs_phy = {name='Helios Spats', augments={'Pet: Attack+26 Pet: Rng.Atk.+26','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4','MND+10',}}
            --	Helios_feet_mab = {name='Helios Sabots +1', augments={'Phys. dmg. taken -3%', 'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+23'}}
            Helios_feet_phy = {name='Helios Boots', augments={'Pet: Accuracy+29 Pet: Rng. Acc.+29','Pet: Crit.hit rate +4',}}

I'm not sure if I should have that last " , " present at the end before the }}

I also notice there isnt any , after each item.  Just curious because the code I took from a friend who used to have this function set had looking like in row 10, with the helios feet mab, thats how this code used to look.  but I've made the others look like from where i got it from //gs export.  

Can someone help me out and tell me whats right and whats wrong?

Thanks!

#5 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

if your using //gs export to get the data it fine

#6 Gukai

Gukai

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 95 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

So I should mimic entirely for my function set the way it's given in //gs export.... that would be without commas in-between the augment descriptions and inclusive of that comma at the very end before }}

#7 sdahlka

sdahlka

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:21 PM

when you out put your equiped gear you would

if it outputs this

sets.exported={
                      head={ name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','"Blood Boon"+7','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}},
                      body={ name='Helios Jacket', augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','"Blood Boon"+6','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}},
                  }

do this

Helios_head_mab={ name="Helios Band", augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+26','"Blood Boon"+7','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}

Helios_body_mab= { name='Helios Jacket', augments={'Pet: "Mag.Atk.Bns."+27','"Blood Boon"+6','Blood Pact Dmg.+6',}}

but just so you know it will only work if your using the specific var to call specific gear

in the example above that would be

equip(Helios_head_mab, Helios_body_mab)

but if you want to equip the fill set its easier to do as a set

#8 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                  • 488 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

As far as Lua is concerned {'...'} and {'...',} are identical; both are tables of length 1.

The reason some of the augments are combined is because that's how they are represented in the item's extdata, a single augment can have multiple effects, and GearSwap needs to know if it's a single augment or multiple augments in order to find the item you want.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users