HD Retexture?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Alfarjamie

Alfarjamie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:55 PM

I was wondering if it is possible to retexture the entire games zones to a higher res better fidelity version. I know this is possible i've seen dats in the past modifying zone textures and people hex editing in higher resolutions. Character models and mobs hold up very well to this day, just they have to run around in areas that look like PS1/N64 graphics.

Just no idea what tools can find extract and replace them for areas.. At least i cannot find any tool spoken of, there is one for viewing zones but i just cannot get the thing to work.

I doubt square will do this any time soon because of PS2 / XIV even though its completely possible to optimise and upgrade the graphics of the PC version without screwing up any kind of compatibility (same thing as dat swapping really).

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

This would only be possible if someone actually makes those higher res textures, we cannot just automatically make everything HD. I don't think anyone would go through this much trouble.

#3 Alfarjamie

Alfarjamie

• Members
      • Pip
      • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

Not hard to find similar textures already in existance... like skyrim hd packs.. >_>

#4 Mysticales

Mysticales

Battle Mystic

• Moderators
        • 111 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Ive seen some good tweaks to make zones look neat. Also char dat mods are out there.

http://wiki.ffxiclop...g/wiki/Graphics is one way already, I know I have done this on my ATI 6870, works fine and dandy. Which as you know, Windower 4 now has the options to do all this. I would play around some.

As for the core of it, FFXI is still widely played on PS2 as well. 360 does look better, however I am still more a fan of PC. :)

SE already listened to people who wanted "HD"... thats where FF14 came into play.. which sadly also seems to cater more toward the WoW fans.

sig.jpg
          Mysticales~Mystaria~Windower Supporter since 2005
          ~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users