5 replies to this topic

#1 Vib

Vib

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hello, everyone

am a returning player and currently having issues downloading windower 4, at the moment I know Windower 3.4 is not being supported anymore, so I try downloading windower 4 from the main site windower.net, but once I run the file windows gives me the report (Windower.exe has stopped working) it does save to desktop and pops the green menu and loads from 0kb to 909.5kb and that's it, after that I have to close the window, no other options. I have try to removed older folders and new download of version 4 but nothing working properly, also disable my antivirus MacAfee and run as administrator but nothing has changed.

If someone could guide me on how to fix this, it would be really appreciated.

Thank you.

#2 Krellion

Krellion

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:35 AM

It may be a .NET issue. Try running the .NET Framework Repair Tool and see if it reports any issues or fixes things.

Also, make sure that you're running the launcher as Administrator (this may not be needed for v4, but shouldn't hurt to try).

#3 Iryoku

Iryoku

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 488 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

It may also be a problem with your firewall or antivirus software. Try temporarily disabling it.

#4 silhouette23

silhouette23

• Members
          • Pip
          • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:42 AM

I'm having the same issue, I've already downloaded windower so many times and still that same thing happens. I have tried your solutions but no luck, could it be something else?

#5 Alteubent

Alteubent

• Members
            • Pip
            • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

I would do windows update multiple times until their isnt anymore available. Verify that you have the latest framework installed. Like they also said when you launch the application right click on it and select Run as administrator. If you dont see that as an option you need to enable the administrator setting in windows. One other thing you can try is if you right click on the application and go to properties there is a compatibilty tab in which you can select wondows 7. I have been running windows 7 64 bit, windower 4 for a long time with no issues. Also I have downloaded and ran the 4.1 without any problems so it should work for you. If its crashing when you attempt to run it, after this happens go to the windows button type in Event Viewer and go to the errors section which will potentially point you in the direction of your problem.

#6 firedevil

firedevil

• Members
              • Pip
              • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

wrong topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users