Crashing after May 14 Update

9 replies to this topic

#1 crumb

crumb

• Members
    • Pip
    • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 01:13 AM

I'm crashing every 30 seconds on my main account.  On the same computer using the exact same windower set up, my mule is staying logged on endlessly no problem at all.  I thought having gear in wardrobe might be causing it, but I put 80 items into mule's wardrobe and it is still fine.  My main is PLD with burtgang, only thing i can think of, is the rewording of burt and aegis information (pdt II and mdt II) maybe causing a problem with windower?

#2 Vipan

Vipan

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

or if you are using View 2.12 on main but not on mule that will cause you to crash every time you open your equipment via ctrl+e, /equip command or via the menu.

#3 crumb

crumb

• Members
        • Pip
        • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:17 AM

Just tried a couple things to see if i could figure out what was going on, I'm not hitting any macro, opening anything, nothing.  At the 20 second lag point hits, (inventory would become viewable at this point) i'm DCing every time.  I tried a few times to unequip burtgang but kept DCing at the 20 second point, I logged on using regular FFXI, changed job, put burt in mogsack, then relogged on windower.  DC again right at the 20 second point. 

#4 Vipan

Vipan

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 21 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

do a check file from pol start and see if it restores any files. after that idk. 

#5 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
            • 1189 posts
            • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

Can't do anything without a crash dump.

#6 Zacas1

Zacas1

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 41 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:31 AM

Yeah... having same problem after I started filling my wardrobe with gear... and noticed it popped up timers as if I had buffs, when I didn't... and after like 4 rows of timers up is when it started crashing... I can log back on, but as soon as I try to open the wardrobe it crashes POL... 

Turning Statustimer off stopped the multi-buff timers popping up when opening wardrobe... but it still crashes with much over 50/80 items whether opening the wardrobe or not

Ended up logging in with regular POL to remove stuff from wardrobe... got it under 50 items... logged out and back in on windower, only plugins are Guildwork, Infobar, Timestamp, and TParty (and the required Updateresources and luacore)... with Rolltracker App also... and it didn't crash when opening the wardrobe... Now I don't want to risk doing more than 50 items...

The plugins I turned off were Statustimer, Timers, and DrawDistance... kinda late now so don't feel like the continual login to test which of the plugins may or may not work or if it's just the combination of Windower + over 50 items in wardrobe...

#7 Zacas1

Zacas1

Advanced Member

• Members
              • PipPipPip
              • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:50 AM

Ok Arcon, here's my dump file... kinda guessing Guildwork may have a problem too... and determined it was once the 67th item was put into wardrobe that POL crashed with windower running. Turned all my normal plugins back on just to have the full thing going.

www.megafileupload.com/en/file/530710/Wardrobe-67crash-dmp.html

Edit: Well... turned off Guildwork... and it still crashed, as soon as I opened the main menu on my main char (the one with 67/80 wardrobe)

Further Edit: As per a suggestion from a friend that saw others suggest in forums... I uninstalled Windower 4 and reinstalled... and apparently that has fixed the problem...

#8 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
                • 1189 posts
                • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Strange... well the dump isn't telling me much I'm afraid, but as long as it's fixed...

#9 Zacas1

Zacas1

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 41 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Eh... that would be my luck heh...  well thanks for the look and all. I still wanna suspect there was something with Status Timer glitching, mayhaps it never updated correctly at some point when reloading windower... if I had thought of it, I shoulda screenshotted to show what it was doing as the wardrobe got to be like 55+ (With popping up blank buff timers when there were no buffs activated... and not all were using numbers in the timer) Not that I'd understand what statustimer had to do with wardrobe... unless it has something to do with gear that can affect the recasts of abilities/spells...

#10 IBHalliwell

IBHalliwell

Advanced Member

• Members
                  • PipPipPip
                  • 102 posts
                  • LocationBastok (Chicago)

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:35 AM

or if you are using View 2.12 on main but not on mule that will cause you to crash every time you open your equipment via ctrl+e, /equip command or via the menu.

Hello,

Ah, what is view 2.12?

Thanks! :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users