Photo

No Settings Folder (Related to Timers Plugin)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dallie

Dallie

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 02:58 AM

So i've attempted several different things:

1.  Tried to get StatusTimer to work as I wanted, with no luck, the buff icons are still stuck in one place, though the timers themselves will move anywhere I want.  I'm assuming that the icons are locked by SE's side, so no biggie.

2.  Started looking at the Timers plugin, and found various posts about how to edit the position of the timers so they're less conspicuous on the screen.

3.  Searched in vain for the Settings folder within the Windower4 folder heirarchy, only to discover that it and any Timers.xml file don't exist.  There is, however, a timers.dll file, but even being a nooblet I know not to mess with that!

4.  Uninstalled, and reinstalled everything as it was set up before, to no avail.

I'm kind of a Windower novice, so perhaps i've missed something here, but the Settings folder simply does not exist for making individual adjustments to the plugins.  I've no problem finding any of the other .xml files for other plugins present, but those are all easy to find within the Addons and Plugins folders.  I also realize there's an individual settings.xml file, but that seems to only be for loading and unloading the individual plugins from outside the console environment.  Am I simply missing something here, or does anyone have a suggestion that might shine some light on this? 

Thanks in advance!

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:02 AM

Try adding the Windower/plugins/settings/ folder, then reload Timers. Maybe it doesn't create the folder by itself. I'll look into adjusting that.

#3 fatrat

fatrat

• Members
      • Pip
      • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

Same thing happened to me.  On May 15th 2014, I re-installed Windows 7 and did a fresh install of Windower4.

Noticed today that the settings folder usually located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windower4\plugins\settings is not there.  Also missing, are all of the xml files that usually go in that settings folder.

Fortunately, I had a backup and copied the settings folder over.

All my plugins seem to be working okay now.

#4 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
        • 1189 posts
        • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

This has been addressed in a launcher update just now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users