Windows 8 troubles

3 replies to this topic

#1 kinokuknight

kinokuknight

• Members
    • Pip
    • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

I have been looking through the forums and I cannot seem to find the solution to my problem. POL crashes when booting into FFXI when launching through windower. There are no add-ons or plugins. In another forum post it suggested using the development build but that did not seem to work. 

#2 Arcon

Arcon

Advanced Member

• Windower Staff
      • 1189 posts
      • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

There is no known solution to this problem. It's likely a driver issue.

#3 Quixacotl

Quixacotl

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 14 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:41 AM

Many players are using Win8 and it works just fine with FFXI. I'm staying with 7 but that's my choice. If you're using a new PC, laptop or OS make sure that you update your graphics driver to the latest version. You can do that from the website of the company that manufactured your graphics card.

You may also need to update to the latest version of DirectX since Win8 doesn't come bundled with the latest version.

You can do that here:  http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35  

#4 Shaorin

Shaorin

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 37 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

If you got the an NVidia graphics chipset, DO NOT update to the driver latest version to the latest version. I found that's causes Windower to not be usable and will crash at every attempt to open. I've got version 311.6 on Windows 8.1 and running with out a problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users